IR Southern Zone - Discussion
Forum For Rail fans with Discussions regarding various activities in Indian Railways(Mainly Southern Zone). NOTE: This site is not officially affiliated with Indian Railways.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Trivandrum-Kannur/Kozhikode Jan Shatabdi(s)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Topic Tags 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IR Southern Zone - Discussion Forum Index -> -> Operations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alvin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

when the Railway is going to make this train a daily one?

-alvin-
godsowncapital

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Alvin,

It is already running with just 6 JS coaches and 12 IC coaches. I donnot wat they are planning with this JS. WHen it started in 2010, a brand new coach was allotted. Now, you can see coaches of TVC-CLT JS (both) with Joy Alukkas MArkings running in MAS-BZA and CBE-MV JS. SO there is no need to guess where the new coaches went and why this JS is running as an IC charging so much extra from people
sc_shankar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:49 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

This movement of coaches will only make the Joy Alukkas owner happy as their advertising visibility extended outside Kerala to TN and AP, which is in par with their Jewellery shops every where in South India Wink

I have never seen any news in Tamilnadu for JS to run with JS coaches. I believe CBE-MV JS was running with couple of non-JS coaches as well.
deepu

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

sc_shankar wrote:
This movement of coaches will only make the Joy Alukkas owner happy as their advertising visibility extended outside Kerala to TN and AP, which is in par with their Jewellery shops every where in South India Wink

I have never seen any news in Tamilnadu for JS to run with JS coaches. I believe CBE-MV JS was running with couple of non-JS coaches as well.

CBE-MV JS had normal 2S coach in D10 sometime and then D6 was there for long time, once i saw two normal 2S, Time by time the Alukkas coaches are in increase, in a sight you can find alternate coaches.
HANEEFA

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

This Janshadabdi can well be extended upto Kannur with little time adjustments.

HANIF
alvin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:16 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Before trying to get it extended to Kannur (even though it is a good move), we must try to get it run daily.

alvin
sc_shankar

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:37 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

deepu wrote:
CBE-MV JS had normal 2S coach in D10 sometime and then D6 was there for long time, once i saw two normal 2S, Time by time the Alukkas coaches are in increase, in a sight you can find alternate coaches.

Thanks Deepu, though I have not seen much news in the media, I remember our forum had a discussion about D10 and D6 CC coaches and the fare difference.

If Railways can not manufacture enough JS coaches, I think the fare has to be adjusted for Chair Car coach travelers, I believe it is not hard to implement the fare structure for different style coaches of the same train.

Surprised to note, Malayalam dailies are not aware of this issue.
HANEEFA

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

As there is no pit line at Kozhikkode this Janshadabdi cannot be made to run daily.

HANIF
deepu

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

sc_shankar wrote:
deepu wrote:

Thanks Deepu, though I have not seen much news in the media, I remember our forum had a discussion about D10 and D6 CC coaches and the fare difference.

If Railways can not manufacture enough JS coaches, I think the fare has to be adjusted for Chair Car coach travelers, I believe it is not hard to implement the fare structure for different style coaches of the same train.

Surprised to note, Malayalam dailies are not aware of this issue.

Sorry for posting this here,

Today saw JS at TPJ, and out of 13 coaches 11 had Adds in it, but it was Gold Plus adds, one was new POH JS livery coach and surprised to see another normal 2S coach today as D9.

Its really pity to see such compositions, whats the need to run such prestigious trains when there is no proper resource.

Please post it under CBE-MV JS topic - Moderator
TSN

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

12075/12076 Jan shatabdi Exp (Via ALLP) will be partially cancelled between CLT and TCR from March 15 to Apr 4.
G_Thomas

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

TSN wrote:
12075/12076 Jan shatabdi Exp (Via ALLP) will be partially cancelled between CLT and TCR from March 15 to Apr 4.

Any reason given for this ??

Meanwhile, 12075/76 is going to be extended to Kannur ..... RM announced this today in the Lok Sabha.
TSN

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Quote:
Any reason given for this ??

Track linking work at SRR jn. (double line between SRR-Karakkad)

Quote:
Meanwhile, 12075/76 is going to be extended to Kannur ..... RM announced this today in the Lok Sabha.

Are you sure ? because tis train has only 40 min rest @ CLT.
I think JS via Kottayam (reverse JS) is going to extend.
godsowncapital

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:06 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Mods, Kindly rename the thread as Trivandrum-Kannur/Kozhikode Jan Shatabdis as the posts include discussions on both these trains and it is better to consolidate all discussions on both the TVC-CLT/CAN JS in one topic.

Thanks in advance
Avin
alvin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:28 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

This needs a drastic time change since it is being extended to Kannur

alvin
godsowncapital

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:48 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

alvin wrote:
This needs a drastic time change since it is being extended to Kannur

alvin

Present suggestion is for 81/82 extension to CAN for five days ( I wondering the same as, if 75/76 was extended for five days, it would have needed a ERS/ALLP-CAN executive style arrangement and different numbers). IMO, even 75/76 can be extended.
departure at TVC kept intact at 6, or moved to 5 45, to reach ERS at 9 (206 km in 3hrs 15 mins) and reach CLT by 12 00 (194 kms in 3hrs) from ERS and proceed to CAN by reaching there at 13 15 (89 kms) Return can be around 13 45 from CAN to reach CLT by 15 00 and ERS by 18 00 and TVC by 21 30
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IR Southern Zone - Discussion Forum Index -> -> Operations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next