IR Southern Zone - Discussion
Forum For Rail fans with Discussions regarding various activities in Indian Railways(Mainly Southern Zone). NOTE: This site is not officially affiliated with Indian Railways.
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Log inLog in 

Tambaram-Sengottai Day Sp Express
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
 Topic Tags 
There are no Forum Tags

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IR Southern Zone - Discussion Forum Index -> -> Operations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
deepu



Joined: 27 Dec 2011
Age: 24

Posts: 2470
Location: TPJ-CBE-PWU-TBMS

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:44 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

krishnakumar60 wrote:
CHANGE IN THE ROUTE OF TAMBARAM - SENGOTTAI - TAMBARAM SPECIAL TRAINS


Train No.06069 / 06070 Tambaram – Sengottai – Tambaram special fare special trains (via Chidambaram, Mayiladuthurai), which were announced earlier vide press release no.356 dated 11.09.2017, are cancelled due to operational reasons.


However, to meet the demands of the travelling public and pilgrims during the Cauvery Pushkaram – 2017, the Tambaram – Sengottai – Tambaram special trains will be run via Vriddhachalam, Tiruchchirappalli as detailed below.

Train No.06071 Tambaram – Sengottai special fare special train will leave Tambaram at 05.00 hrs. o­n 15, 16, 18, 20, 21, 22, 23, 25, 27, 28 & 29 September, 2017.The train will reach Sengottai at 17.15 hrs. the same day.

Train No.06072 Sengottai – Tambaram special fare special train will leave Sengottai at 06.15 hrs. o­n 16, 17, 19, 21, 22, 23, 24, 26, 28, 29 & 30 September, 2017.The train will reach Tambaram at 18.30 hrs. the same day.


Composition:AC Chair Car – 1, Second Class Chair Car – 6, General Second Class – 7 & Luggage-cum-brake van – 2 coaches.


Stoppages:Chengalpattu, Melmaruvathur, Villupuram, Vriddhachalam, Ariyalur, Srirangam, Tiruchchirappalli, Pudukottai, Karaikkudi, Manamadurai, Aruppukkottai, Virudhunagar, Sivakasi, Srivilliputtur, Rajapalayam, Sankarankovil and Tenkasi.



Advance reservations for the above trains will commence at 08.00 hrs. o­n 14.09.2017

http://www.sr.indianrailways.gov.in/view_detail.jsp?lang=0&id=0,4,268&dcd=5640&did=15053068780153C1AC0FBA77506DBC9B9CF1FEA6DA405.web91

s.krishnakumar


Good to see this train is still alive. So the main reason to run this train for two weeks is for Kaveri Pushkaram.
_________________
Deepak / Trichy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Arul



Joined: 07 Aug 2007
Age: 32

Posts: 2550
Location: Salem-India; Bethlehem-United States

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Looks the train was made 4-3 hours faster.

So railways have plenty of scope to speedup for regular train via ML.

TBM 06:00 TJ 11:45 TPJ 13:00 SCT 20:00
SCT 08:30 TPJ 15:30 TJ 16:30 TBM 22:30

I will go for even RSA with Silambu with a mixture of 2S, AC CC, 3AC, 2AC like rake and make it daily
_________________
Arul
Salem
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
deepu



Joined: 27 Dec 2011
Age: 24

Posts: 2470
Location: TPJ-CBE-PWU-TBMS

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Arul wrote:
Looks the train was made 4-3 hours faster.

So railways have plenty of scope to speedup for regular train via ML.

TBM 06:00 TJ 11:45 TPJ 13:00 SCT 20:00
SCT 08:30 TPJ 15:30 TJ 16:30 TBM 22:30

I will go for even RSA with Silambu with a mixture of 2S, AC CC, 3AC, 2AC like rake and make it daily


Even now they can operate, daily. Not sure whats the reason to operate only 5 days. They have two rakes. Could be because of maintenance reasons.
_________________
Deepak / Trichy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ramk



Joined: 21 Jul 2007

Posts: 1003


PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:49 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

deepu wrote:


While i understand your view. There would be few people travelling for such a long distance, but not to fill a train. More over Guruvayur/Tuticorin link express is travelling the same path as of MS-VRI-TPJ-MDU then why another train around the same time in similar path?


If the train is to go via CL, then it can very well skip MDU and go via KKDI, MNM & APK between TPJ & VPT. This I had very clearly said in my posts here in this regard. Either CL, APK or ML, MDU.

Regarding GUV Exp, the special train leaves TBM by 05:00 AM, whereas GUV leaves TBM only around 08:45 AM. Hence, good time-gap is there and also the common path is only between TBM & TPJ.

If we talk about GUV Exp, then we also similarly have Cholan departing TBM with almost the same time gap (of about 4 hrs) after this train planned to run via ML departing TBM by 05:00 AM.
_________________
RamK-Clive Town, CUPJ.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ramk



Joined: 21 Jul 2007

Posts: 1003


PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:56 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

krishnakumar60 wrote:
CHANGE IN THE ROUTE OF TAMBARAM - SENGOTTAI - TAMBARAM SPECIAL TRAINS


Train No.06069 / 06070 Tambaram – Sengottai – Tambaram special fare special trains (via Chidambaram, Mayiladuthurai), which were announced earlier vide press release no.356 dated 11.09.2017, are cancelled due to operational reasons.


However, to meet the demands of the travelling public and pilgrims during the Cauvery Pushkaram – 2017, the Tambaram – Sengottai – Tambaram special trains will be run via Vriddhachalam, Tiruchchirappalli as detailed below.

Train No.06071 Tambaram – Sengottai special fare special train will leave Tambaram at 05.00 hrs. o­n 15, 16, 18, 20, 21, 22, 23, 25, 27, 28 & 29 September, 2017.The train will reach Sengottai at 17.15 hrs. the same day.

Train No.06072 Sengottai – Tambaram special fare special train will leave Sengottai at 06.15 hrs. o­n 16, 17, 19, 21, 22, 23, 24, 26, 28, 29 & 30 September, 2017.The train will reach Tambaram at 18.30 hrs. the same day.


Composition:AC Chair Car – 1, Second Class Chair Car – 6, General Second Class – 7 & Luggage-cum-brake van – 2 coaches.


Stoppages:Chengalpattu, Melmaruvathur, Villupuram, Vriddhachalam, Ariyalur, Srirangam, Tiruchchirappalli, Pudukottai, Karaikkudi, Manamadurai, Aruppukkottai, Virudhunagar, Sivakasi, Srivilliputtur, Rajapalayam, Sankarankovil and Tenkasi.



Advance reservations for the above trains will commence at 08.00 hrs. o­n 14.09.2017

http://www.sr.indianrailways.gov.in/view_detail.jsp?lang=0&id=0,4,268&dcd=5640&did=15053068780153C1AC0FBA77506DBC9B9CF1FEA6DA405.web91

s.krishnakumar


For the train via ML, SVGA & SVPR stops were missing. With this special now announced via CL, I see SVPR stop has been given. However, SVGA stop is still missing. SR should add SVGA as well.
_________________
RamK-Clive Town, CUPJ.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
deepu



Joined: 27 Dec 2011
Age: 24

Posts: 2470
Location: TPJ-CBE-PWU-TBMS

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:27 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

ramk wrote:
deepu wrote:


While i understand your view. There would be few people travelling for such a long distance, but not to fill a train. More over Guruvayur/Tuticorin link express is travelling the same path as of MS-VRI-TPJ-MDU then why another train around the same time in similar path?


If the train is to go via CL, then it can very well skip MDU and go via KKDI, MNM & APK between TPJ & VPT. This I had very clearly said in my posts here in this regard. Either CL, APK or ML, MDU.

Regarding GUV Exp, the special train leaves TBM by 05:00 AM, whereas GUV leaves TBM only around 08:45 AM. Hence, good time-gap is there and also the common path is only between TBM & TPJ.

If we talk about GUV Exp, then we also similarly have Cholan departing TBM with almost the same time gap (of about 4 hrs) after this train planned to run via ML departing TBM by 05:00 AM.


I do accept ML-MDU connectivity is less. Considering the ML Cholan is the only train, but for CL there are Pallavan and Vaigai.
For a best MS-ML train, this train should have 06:30 - 22:00 timings at TBM and cholan can be shifted to MS-TPJ 12:00 - 20:00 and TPJ-MS 08:00-15:00. This could gives a good schedules for ML Towns.
_________________
Deepak / Trichy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
srirangam99



Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Age: 54

Posts: 3960


PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:59 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Hi Deepu, good point.

During day time we have only Cholan via ML but for TPJ and Chendhur leaving at 4.05 pm which does go to MDU, but probably reaches at about 1 or 2 am.

MS-MDU route taken by 22627/28 via TJ comes to 556 kms. and to CAPE it will be roughly 800 kms. TBM-NCJ will be 760 kms. approx.

Is it not possible to run an SFE intercity with two rakes between NCJ-TBM-NCJ.

I think from NCJ it can start at 5 am, just before Kudal which departs I think at 5.15 or 5.20 am and via ML it can reach TBM at 7.20 pm. I think for an SFE with a threshold speed of 55 kmph, this train can ideally be given a run of 13.50 hrs. In the return it can have this schedule

Dep: TBM 6 am Arr. NCJ 7.50 pm, but this can only be achieved if it is allowed a fast run with AC locos between TPJ-NCJ, and also MS-VM, if possible.


Hope this wasn't too much of a deviation, though I stuck with MS-ML-CL connectivity.
_________________
N.Srinivasan
New Delhi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mahavmsrt



Joined: 23 Jul 2011
Age: 36

Posts: 2136
Location: Sivakasi/Chennai

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:36 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

srirangam99 wrote:
Hi Deepu, good point.

During day time we have only Cholan via ML but for TPJ and Chendhur leaving at 4.05 pm which does go to MDU, but probably reaches at about 1 or 2 am.

MS-MDU route taken by 22627/28 via TJ comes to 556 kms. and to CAPE it will be roughly 800 kms. TBM-NCJ will be 760 kms. approx.

Is it not possible to run an SFE intercity with two rakes between NCJ-TBM-NCJ.

I think from NCJ it can start at 5 am, just before Kudal which departs I think at 5.15 or 5.20 am and via ML it can reach TBM at 7.20 pm. I think for an SFE with a threshold speed of 55 kmph, this train can ideally be given a run of 13.50 hrs. In the return it can have this schedule

Dep: TBM 6 am Arr. NCJ 7.50 pm, but this can only be achieved if it is allowed a fast run with AC locos between TPJ-NCJ, and also MS-VM, if possible.


Hope this wasn't too much of a deviation, though I stuck with MS-ML-CL connectivity.

Hi Cheenu,
SR is restoring MG TBM SCT passenger via ML as TBM SCT Exp in BG..This topic is TBM SCT Special, so don't deviate to your dreams TBM NCJ day time Exp and discuss about only TBM SCT Special here..
_________________
Cheers,
Mahendran
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
BHARATHY



Joined: 24 Dec 2011
Age: 26

Posts: 436
Location: KUMBAKONAM

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:32 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

deepu wrote:
ramk wrote:
deepu wrote:


While i understand your view. There would be few people travelling for such a long distance, but not to fill a train. More over Guruvayur/Tuticorin link express is travelling the same path as of MS-VRI-TPJ-MDU then why another train around the same time in similar path?


If the train is to go via CL, then it can very well skip MDU and go via KKDI, MNM & APK between TPJ & VPT. This I had very clearly said in my posts here in this regard. Either CL, APK or ML, MDU.

Regarding GUV Exp, the special train leaves TBM by 05:00 AM, whereas GUV leaves TBM only around 08:45 AM. Hence, good time-gap is there and also the common path is only between TBM & TPJ.

If we talk about GUV Exp, then we also similarly have Cholan departing TBM with almost the same time gap (of about 4 hrs) after this train planned to run via ML departing TBM by 05:00 AM.


I do accept ML-MDU connectivity is less. Considering the ML Cholan is the only train, but for CL there are Pallavan and Vaigai.
For a best MS-ML train, this train should have 06:30 - 22:00 timings at TBM and cholan can be shifted to MS-TPJ 12:00 - 20:00 and TPJ-MS 08:00-15:00. This could gives a good schedules for ML Towns.


Deepu,

Is it possible to push Cholan in 12.00pm slot by having RSA with Pandian? If so, rake will occupy a platform merely half a day or it should be shunted to and from stabling lines twice. Best way could be, making Cholan RSA with Puducherry Express with fully chaircar accommodation.


-----------
Thanks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pbv15124



Joined: 06 Jun 2017
Age: 40

Posts: 92
Location: chennai

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:22 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Cholan should start from TPJ morning reach MS noon and return to TPJ same day.

TPJ: 6.00 => MS: 13.00

MS: 14.00 => TPJ: 21.00

Composition 24 coach train single rack with PM @ TPJ
3A-2 / CC-3 / SL-5 / 2s-7 / UR-4 / UR cum brake-1 / SLR-1

TBM-SCT exp
Dep: TBM - 7.00
Arr: TBM - 21.00
_________________
Regards
Suganthan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
crazyguru94



Joined: 23 Jul 2015

Posts: 134
Location: chennai

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:44 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

The 5 AM departure must be for the puskaram festival, otherwise no sense in such an early departure even after rerouting through CL. Hopefully we will see dep. of something around 6 AM once it gets regularized.
_________________
regards
Guru
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
deepu



Joined: 27 Dec 2011
Age: 24

Posts: 2470
Location: TPJ-CBE-PWU-TBMS

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:54 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

BHARATHY wrote:
deepu wrote:
ramk wrote:
deepu wrote:


While i understand your view. There would be few people travelling for such a long distance, but not to fill a train. More over Guruvayur/Tuticorin link express is travelling the same path as of MS-VRI-TPJ-MDU then why another train around the same time in similar path?


If the train is to go via CL, then it can very well skip MDU and go via KKDI, MNM & APK between TPJ & VPT. This I had very clearly said in my posts here in this regard. Either CL, APK or ML, MDU.

Regarding GUV Exp, the special train leaves TBM by 05:00 AM, whereas GUV leaves TBM only around 08:45 AM. Hence, good time-gap is there and also the common path is only between TBM & TPJ.

If we talk about GUV Exp, then we also similarly have Cholan departing TBM with almost the same time gap (of about 4 hrs) after this train planned to run via ML departing TBM by 05:00 AM.


I do accept ML-MDU connectivity is less. Considering the ML Cholan is the only train, but for CL there are Pallavan and Vaigai.
For a best MS-ML train, this train should have 06:30 - 22:00 timings at TBM and cholan can be shifted to MS-TPJ 12:00 - 20:00 and TPJ-MS 08:00-15:00. This could gives a good schedules for ML Towns.


Deepu,

Is it possible to push Cholan in 12.00pm slot by having RSA with Pandian? If so, rake will occupy a platform merely half a day or it should be shunted to and from stabling lines twice. Best way could be, making Cholan RSA with Puducherry Express with fully chaircar accommodation.


-----------
Thanks


Being in RSA its very much possible, holding one more rake wouldn't be a problem as they already pushed two daily rakes to CGL. This train would be a turn around trains at TPJ departure and MS arrivals and shunted out on the other direction. There is no way SR would bring in RSA with Cholan and PDY pass at this point as they cannot take maintenence and they cannot push it to TPJ too.
_________________
Deepak / Trichy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
crazyguru94



Joined: 23 Jul 2015

Posts: 134
Location: chennai

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:27 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Inspite of Cholan having RSA with ONTs with multiple AC coaches, first AC etc, it is better if it is put up with the vaigai- Pallavan combo and subsequent restoration of Pallavan to TPJ.
_________________
regards
Guru
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
deepu



Joined: 27 Dec 2011
Age: 24

Posts: 2470
Location: TPJ-CBE-PWU-TBMS

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:44 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Tomorrow SCT-TBM express is waitlisted. Seems like its helping TPJ people a lot, who didnt get accommodation in night train and Guruvayur from trichy now have a better train to reach chennai.

Considering Full capacity to General booking which has 648 2S and 72 CC

1. SENGOTTAI TENKASI JN - AVAILABLE 620 AVAILABLE 54
2. Tenkasi SankaranKovil - AVAILABLE 597 AVAILABLE 54
3. Sankarankovil Rajapalayam - AVAILABLE 583 AVAILABLE 54
4. Rajapalayam Srivilliputhur - AVAILABLE 562 AVAILABLE 52
5. Srivilliputhur Sivakasi - AVAILABLE 562 AVAILABLE 52
6. Sivakasi Virudhunagar - AVAILABLE 554 AVAILABLE 51
7. Virudhunagar Aruppukottai - AVAILABLE 546 AVAILABLE 50
8. Aruppukottai Manamadurai - AVAILABLE 537 AVAILABLE 49
9. Manamadurai Karaikkudi - AVAILABLE 531 AVAILABLE 49
10. Karaikkudi Pudukottai - AVAILABLE 509 AVAILABLE 46
11. Pudukkottai Trichy - AVAILABLE 505 AVAILABLE 45
12. Trichy Srirangam - AVAILABLE 74 AVAILABLE 1
13. Srirangam Ariyalur - AVAILABLE 74 AVAILABLE 1
14. Ariyalur Vriddhachalam - AVAILABLE 74 AVAILABLE 1
15. Vriddhachalam Villupuram - AVAILABLE 21 AVAILABLE 1
16. Villupuram Melmaruvathur - GNWL17/WL15 GNWL22/WL5
17. Melmaruvathur Chengalpattu - AVAILABLE 1 GNWL22/WL5
18. Chengalpattu Tambaram - AVAILABLE 38 AVAILABLE 1

TN Link Express 2S/Guruvayur 2S,SL
Dindigul Trichy - AVAILABLE 108 AVAILABLE 47 AVAILABLE 42
Trichy Ariyalur - RLWL118/WL49 RLWL117/WL52 RLWL132/WL71
_________________
Deepak / Trichy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
t_karthik



Joined: 05 Jan 2010

Posts: 16777215
Location: Chidambaram / Chennai

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:04 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Since it is 5am departure at tambaram many people will avoid this train so there will be less patronage. SR will not continue this train saying poor patronage. I guess this is Southern railways trick.
_________________
Regards,
Karthik T
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IR Southern Zone - Discussion Forum Index -> -> Operations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


© 2007 Informe.com. Get Your Own Free Portal.
Powered by phpBB © 2001 - 2005 phpBB Group
Theme ACID v. 2.0.18 par HEDONISM