IR Southern Zone - Discussion
Forum For Rail fans with Discussions regarding various activities in Indian Railways(Mainly Southern Zone). NOTE: This site is not officially affiliated with Indian Railways.
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Log inLog in 

Tambaram-Kollam Daily Exp (Quilon Mail) via CL, MDU, SCT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
 Topic Tags 
There are no Forum Tags

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IR Southern Zone - Discussion Forum Index -> -> Operations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
srirangam99



Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Age: 54

Posts: 4338


PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:28 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

105 Quilon Mail, if my memory serves me right, started from MS at about 7/7.30 in the evening and was reaching Kollam the next afternoon at 1 or 1.10 pm. So its net travel time was around 17.30/45 hrs. It was possibly 15/20 minutes faster between Kollam-MS.

137 was slower, as it started from MS at about 8 or 8.40 am and reached Kollam at 4.40 am, and took close to 20 hrs. It started at about 9.30 pm or so, and reached MS between 6.30 or 7 pm, it used to follow Cholan express between VM and MS.

Possibly, Subba or Rajagopal and Dilip might be able to update better

_________________
N.Srinivasan
New Delhi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AnandKumaR



Joined: 22 Sep 2008
Age: 33

Posts: 628
Location: Parangipettai\Coimbatore

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:06 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

QLN-TBM

Date Class: 3A Class: SL
Thu, 19-Apr AVL 16 WL 33
Tue, 24-Apr AVL 98 WL 23
Thu, 26-Apr AVL 104 WL 5
Tue, 01-May WL 9 WL 101
Thu, 03-May AVL 93 WL 52
Tue, 08-May AVL 131 AVL 95

TBM-QLN
Date Class: 3A Class: SL
Wed, 18-Apr AVL 53 NA
Mon, 23-Apr AVL 9 WL 51
Wed, 25-Apr RAC 8 WL 67
Mon, 30-Apr AVL 22 WL 64
Wed, 02-May AVL 96 WL 30
Mon, 07-May AVL 103 RAC 51
Wed, 09-May AVL 122 AVL 60
_________________
Regards
-Anand kumar
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
subramak



Joined: 25 Jul 2012

Posts: 269


PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:16 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

srirangam99 wrote:
105 Quilon Mail, if my memory serves me right, started from MS at about 7/7.30 in the evening and was reaching Kollam the next afternoon at 1 or 1.10 pm. So its net travel time was around 17.30/45 hrs. It was possibly 15/20 minutes faster between Kollam-MS.

137 was slower, as it started from MS at about 8 or 8.40 am and reached Kollam at 4.40 am, and took close to 20 hrs. It started at about 9.30 pm or so, and reached MS between 6.30 or 7 pm, it used to follow Cholan express between VM and MS.

Possibly, Subba or Rajagopal and Dilip might be able to update better


Quilon mail took 11 hrs to MDU and got slower after SCT even more. I dont think it reached Quilon before 3 pm

Subu
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pbv15124



Joined: 06 Jun 2017
Age: 40

Posts: 267
Location: chennai

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:18 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Till GC of VPT-MDU-DG 6105/6106 took 19 hrs to cover the distance of 761 km. With 8 sectional coaches between MS-SCT and between SCT-QLN had just 8 coaches.
Below might be the 1992 TT schedule
MS: 18.45 => MDU: 5.55/6.00 => QLN: 14.00
QLN: 13.00 => MDU =>20.40/20.45 => MS: 8.05
_________________
Regards
Suganthan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jens



Joined: 24 Jun 2009

Posts: 314


PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:05 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Pbv15124 wrote:
Till GC of VPT-MDU-DG 6105/6106 took 19 hrs to cover the distance of 761 km. With 8 sectional coaches between MS-SCT and between SCT-QLN had just 8 coaches.
Below might be the 1992 TT schedule
MS: 18.45 => MDU: 5.55/6.00 => QLN: 14.00
QLN: 13.00 => MDU =>20.40/20.45 => MS: 8.05


Before discontinuing Quilon mail started at 11:00 am from kollam and it used to reach sengottai around 3:15 pm and there are 3 train crossings 1) TEN- QLN passenger 2) MS - QLN mail and SCT - QLN passenger.As far as return, This train used to come TSI at 11:45 am and reach QLN at 4:45pm.
_________________
Jenson
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
karthik2180



Joined: 26 Jan 2013
Age: 38

Posts: 359


PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:54 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Admin u can put this in dreams folder since runing as special and biweekely once made pemanet can be made in opertional folder.Today news also say ers to vlkn via sct train only is in news .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mahavmsrt



Joined: 23 Jul 2011
Age: 37

Posts: 2357
Location: Sivakasi/Chennai

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:09 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

karthik2180 wrote:
Admin u can put this in dreams folder since runing as special and biweekely once made pemanet can be made in opertional folder.Today news also say ers to vlkn via sct train only is in news .

You can see the previous news about TBM QLN Exp..SR is waiting for Rake to start Daily services for TBM QLN Daily Exp and RMM CBE Daily ONT Exp..Current Special will continue until start Regular Service once SCT PUU section officially inagurated..
Let's wait till inaguration or can change the topic as Special then change it again once Regularized..
_________________
Cheers,
Mahendran
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IR Southern Zone - Discussion Forum Index -> -> Operations
Goto page Previous  1, 2
All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


© 2007 Informe.com. Get Your Own Free Portal.
Powered by phpBB © 2001 - 2005 phpBB Group
Theme ACID v. 2.0.18 par HEDONISM