IR Southern Zone - Discussion
Forum For Rail fans with Discussions regarding various activities in Indian Railways(Mainly Southern Zone). NOTE: This site is not officially affiliated with Indian Railways.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Shoranur - Mangalore - Panambur Electrification updates - I
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24

Topic Tags 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IR Southern Zone - Discussion Forum Index -> -> Project Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
digiviz

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Status of Tirur traction substation: No progress at all, not sure if its due to any legal problems. Looking at the cable coming out from underground in last picture i assume cable from KSEB substation to traction substation is in place.

karthik2180

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:03 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Admin u can lock this topic train running in electric
digiviz

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:32 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

karthik2180 wrote:
Admin u can lock this topic train running in electric

There is two substation to be completed, of which status of one as of today is what i have shared in picture, just only a boundry wall, the entire stretch from MAQ/MAJN towards Panambur is also not commisioned i believe. Upalla is completed, but not commisioned. so until these are completed, and comissioned i dont think this topic can be closed.

Current Status:
Just 4 Trains are running till MAQ with electric loco by removing loco links for several trains (in PGT and TVC Division)which were having electic loco links earlier. All remaining trains including prestigious daily trains like one mail, west coast etc are still having loco change at shornur, which theoretically they can come from MAS with electric loco, go on till MAQ.

Official reason quoted to media is lack of electric loco, but ED is largest WAP4 shed in IR and RPM is now becoming a major WAP7 shed with atleast 6-7 new WAP7 (with HOG) commisioned just last 3 months alone, 3 in shed on IC and 4 more listed as in pipeline from CLW.

So Just like other projects in SR like PGTN-POY, CBE-POY, SRR-MAQ electrification status is same as the classic vadivel comedy "Varum... aana varathu..."
KSRaj

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:05 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

This is typical of newly electrified sections - most of them done on phased manner - mainly due to substations and load factors. Media usually reports negative.

Like you said, I too expected 1/2 Mail, WC, Parasuram in the first batch. Even Netravathi, TVC-MAQ, CBE-MAQ IC and even MS-MAQ can be next candidates.

On the positive - Executive seems joined AC group alongwith the two Janshatabdi Exps.

There are many other sections electrified and handled by same loco sheds. And even now in many electrified sections within SR/TN, there are many trains run by diesels under wire.

Cheers,
Raj
rojaraju

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I got news on more Elocos to be plied for various trains in this section ...

Please update the status alongwith latest Substation photos...

---------------
rojaRAJU, O+
=========
digiviz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:26 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

rojaraju wrote:

---------------
rojaRAJU, O+
=========

I am currently in calicut will try to capture the eloco runs of few of those trains... last 2-3 week CAN-CBE which was on a WAP4 link shifted to WAP7 link, probably for 3 phase experience.

Few videos from my youtube channel

Link

Link

KSRaj

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:55 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

digiviz wrote:
rojaraju wrote:

---------------
rojaRAJU, O+
=========

I am currently in calicut will try to capture the eloco runs of few of those trains... last 2-3 week CAN-CBE which was on a WAP4 link shifted to WAP7 link, probably for 3 phase experience.

Few videos from my youtube channel

Thanks for sharing. Yes, it must to be for 3-phase training usually done thru passenger links.

Cheers,
Raj
digiviz

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:07 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

@Rojaraju Till now there hasn't been any changes to loco links, all the trains mentioned in the news are still on their diesel links.
digiviz

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:50 am    Post subject: First picture of one mail with eloco link If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

One mail came with electric loco today, first day with electric loco,
picture taken at calicut. One mail has WAP4 links on friday, WAP7 links on weekdays.

srirangam99

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:24 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Oh, one mail means 12601 MAQ mail, is it?

Then this loco 22359 is quite famous, hauls Kerala Exp. very frequently, in addition to hauling TN Exp. and TN SK quite a few times.

digiviz

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:02 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

srirangam99 wrote:

Then this loco 22359 is quite famous, hauls Kerala Exp. very frequently, in addition to hauling TN Exp. and TN SK quite a few times.

Yes it has numbering 12601, 12602 historically earliest train in SR, Traces it roots to year 1852, earliest train from eastern terminal at Royapuram to western terminal Beypore near calicut which is west of current Ferok station. when line was extended to calicut old terminal at beypore was dismantled and line went eastward towards ferok from kadalundi, crossed the river there before curving back west towards calicut. Beypore has a harbour and the station was on the coast, historically ship would bring passengers, mail, cargo to beypore on west coast, would travel by train to madras and then from madras to kolkata by ship again.

When the line got extended till mangalore and the current name of mangalore mail name came around i am not sure.

This blog has lot of information about the beypore terminus.

http://historicalleys.blogspot.in/2013/01/the-madras-railways-western-terminus.html

a photo of the old beypore station

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/00/Beypore_Railway_Station%2C_Chaliyam.jpg

this no longer exist, neither do tracks, or path track followed. metal from these were used to construct the old railway bridge at calicut it seems.
KSRaj

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:56 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Thanks for the awesome historical info Vipin!
Pbv15124

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:24 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

digiviz wrote:
srirangam99 wrote:

Yes it has numbering 12601, 12602 historically earliest train in SR, Traces it roots to year 1852, earliest train from eastern terminal at Royapuram to western terminal Beypore near calicut which is west of current Ferok station. when line was extended to calicut old terminal at beypore was dismantled and line went eastward towards ferok from kadalundi, crossed the river there before curving back west towards calicut. Beypore has a harbour and the station was on the coast, historically ship would bring passengers, mail, cargo to beypore on west coast, would travel by train to madras and then from madras to kolkata by ship again.

When the line got extended till mangalore and the current name of mangalore mail name came around i am not sure.

This blog has lot of information about the beypore terminus.

http://historicalleys.blogspot.in/2013/01/the-madras-railways-western-terminus.html

a photo of the old beypore station

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/00/Beypore_Railway_Station%2C_Chaliyam.jpg

this no longer exist, neither do tracks, or path track followed. metal from these were used to construct the old railway bridge at calicut it seems.

Thanx for this info
I was thinking that west cost exp was the oldest one instead its mail.
crazyguru94

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:11 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Isn't the SBC mail older by a few years? Have read that is started around 1858.
kpchandru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:36 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I had seen in the old TTs of my father, that the Mangalore train was the 'twin' of the Mangalore- Cochin Express.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IR Southern Zone - Discussion Forum Index -> -> Project Updates
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24