IR Southern Zone - Discussion
Forum For Rail fans with Discussions regarding various activities in Indian Railways(Mainly Southern Zone). NOTE: This site is not officially affiliated with Indian Railways.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Salem - Junction & Suburban stations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Topic Tags 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IR Southern Zone - Discussion Forum Index -> -> Project Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RameshRajarathinam

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:01 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

kpchandru wrote:
Mr Arul,

We are more interested in the changes of the interior of SA Station.

This is goping to be the only 6Wau Jinction of the entire S Zone, I think. Now thtthis has become Hqrs of a Divn, SA should have more fcilities like pitlines, statblingline, tip sheds etc. We like to hear about them.
Isn't SA technically a 3WAY Jn. since NKL line deviates from SA TOWN (SXT?), HSRA/ MTDM line splits from MAS mainline @ Magnesite Jn. & HSRA deviates from MTDM line @ Omalur. The only line that makes it technically qualify as junction is SA - VRI - CUPJ line meeting MAS - ED trunk line. Pls correct me if I'm wrong.

Ramesh
KSRaj

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

RameshRajarathinam wrote:
kpchandru wrote:
Mr Arul,

This is goping to be the only 6Wau Jinction of the entire S Zone, I think. Now thtthis has become Hqrs of a Divn, SA should have more fcilities like pitlines, statblingline, tip sheds etc. We like to hear about them.
Isn't SA technically a 3WAY Jn. since NKL line deviates from SA TOWN (SXT?), HSRA/ MTDM line splits from MAS mainline @ Magnesite Jn. & HSRA deviates from MTDM line @ Omalur. The only line that makes it technically qualify as junction is SA - VRI - CUPJ line meeting MAS - ED trunk line. Pls correct me if I'm wrong.

Ramesh

SA is technically a 4 way junction - branches to VRI, KRR, ED and MGSJ. As far as I have observed, KRR line runs along ED line for some distance and proceeds to South - it doesnt touch SAMT.

You are right about JTJ, HSRA and MTDM lines splitting up at MGSJ/Omalur respectively.

Considering MGSJ proximity to SA Jn, we can say that SA is a 5-way junction.

Cheers,
Raj
kpchandru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Dear Messrs Raj, Ramesh,

You may call whatever way SA Jn. I still feel it is only a six way Jn. One gets to 6 different destinations from SA. We dont board trains to Mtr Dam or HSRS, at Omalur or Salem Magnasite stations. We have to get to the Junction to board these trains.

In the same vein it is theorised that TPJ is only a 4 Way Jn as the Mainline to TJ branches off only at Ponmalai, and CBE is not a Junction as the lines branch off only CBF ane PTJ only. We have had numerous discussiuons about these. And we stick to our own decisions.
KSRaj

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Dear KPC Sir,

Actually I was responding to Ramesh's posting in terms of where the lines branch out. Thats the reason I said "SA is technically a 4 way junction". Otherwise, I am neutral about calling SA as 4, 5 or 6 point junction Smile

Quoting the same TPJ example, GOC is not a Junction any longer unlike in the MG days. And like you said, CBE is still called as a Junction even after PTJ-CBE MG line was converted to BG. So, looks like it is SR's decision whether to call any station as Junction or not.

Cheers,
Raj
paakannan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

PF-3 at Salem after modernisation opened for traffic and for a week, only passengers allowed and now express trains allowed. Now this PF used for Trains from/towards Dharmapuri side and keep PF1 for trains from JTJ side alone. Good move.

Also now all the important 3 PFs at Salem say PF.1, 3 & 4 having electronic coach display system functioning. Good to see this during last week when I was at SA.
Arul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Battery car introduced in Salem Jn for PF 3 and 4

malaimalar
Arul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

kpchandru wrote:
Mr Arul,

KPC sir,

There was just general talk that pit lines facilities will be established in Salem Jn. But so far there is official idea about this...

Such pit lines facilities is still very distant far for Salem. It has to depend on Erode or Trichy for passenger trains operation in all 6 direction.
sknatesan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Connection line between SA - ED / KRR line & SA - VRI li If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Salem Division can plan for a connection line between SA - ED / KRR line & SA - VRI line as part of its future developments.
paakannan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Today's Kaalaikathir reports that ROB construction work begin again at SA by connecting 2nd and 3rd PFs.

But the actual reason for this ROB is to make operational the 5th PF. Since presently PF is accesible to the available ROB from PF 4 to PF5. Stiff opposition came from public and Salem MP represented personally not to operate trains from PF5 till the same connected from PF1 and hence Salem division suspended operation of this PF for the past 6-7 months. (Reason for this is if one need to take sub way from PF1 to reach PF3/4 and then walk thorugh the end portion towards JTJ side to catch the ROB there and claimb and down to reach PF5. Due to this double punishment, mostly people not used this facility rather than crossed the lines by taking high risk)

Rather than the ROB connecting PF1 alone connectivity withoutside JN is good for every one using this facility.
Arul

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

^^

New Foot over bridge U/C at Salem Railway Junction

- Since PF-5 can be accessed by subway to PF4 and then again by FOB to PF-5, the service was suspended due to stiff opposition from public and Salem MP.

- Now Salem division is spending 86lakhs to connect PF5 with a through FOB from PF1 with access to PF 2 and also 3.

- There are plans to extend the FOB to entrance of the Junction building

http://www.dinathanthiepaper.in/showxml.aspx?id=15651352&code=5196
nishasiva

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

DKN/SA,

Poor turnout yet again for RRB exams for recruitment to the post of Technicians. As against 14,000 odd candidates who were to have appeared in the jurisdiction of SA division, only 5000 odd candidates turned up.

kpchandru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

After a long time I had occasion to visit SA Jn yesterday. Remarkable transformations have teken place in this station. Number of PFs have increased and facilities for passengers have improved. Still much of works remain to be done in PF 5, where only the flooring portion has been done. For me it appeared like the old PF 3 of VM !! The satisfying part of the whole remodelling has been the provision of receiving all trains from MAS in PF 1, whence passengers can get out without troubling the Subway or FOB.I have no doubt that the PF 1A, will be handy for the short distance passengers towards VRIor KRR. Trains towards Magnesite staton are still being reeived in PF 4, where faciloities are more than those available in PF1.Perhaps the only draw back in SA now, is the absence of sufficient stabling lines here. Taking into account the number of goods trains in this sector, oneis not surprised that almost all tracks including the one on the new PF 5 had been occupied by goods trains. How are they going to solve this problem?
Aravi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

My 2673 Cheran on Dec 28 night was handled in Pf 1 only. It should be very convenient for people to alight. Also, are there any plans to revive the underground MG line link at MGSJ so that trains from SBC to SA need not disturb the main lines from/to JTJ - it will act very similar to the over-bridge at KPD for VLR line.
KSRaj

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Dear friends,

I like to share the same views like KPC sir and Aravi.

On Dec 31, I was at SA for a couple of hours on transit. Was pleasently surprised to see almost all DOWN trains handled on PF1 in sequence. PF1A is duly used for the originating SA-MS Exp which is a good idea for passengers.

PF4 is the mostly used for UP trains towards JTJ and DPJ. Once busy PF3 is now relatively free - I guess PF2 and PF5 are not used much till the FOB is complete. Like Mr. Kannan had updated here earlier, the FOB is still pending extension towards PF1.

I feel PF1 needs more vendors and stalls though a relatively narrower platform. PF5 should also get better facelifts.

Overall, freights parked in platforms can be avoided.

Cheers,
Raj
paakannan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Aravi wrote:
My 2673 Cheran on Dec 28 night was handled in Pf 1 only. It should be very convenient for people to alight. Also, are there any plans to revive the underground MG line link at MGSJ so that trains from SBC to SA need not disturb the main lines from/to JTJ - it will act very similar to the over-bridge at KPD for VLR line.

PF2 is used for starting trains like YPR pass, KPD pass, Mettur Pass, but PF5 not used as promised by SA division to Salem MP till the same connected to PF through a FOB. But during PF3 renovation happened 2 months back, only for 15 days PF5 used for KPD passenger arrival & departure alone.

Now hope during Pongal new FOB will be thrown open for traffic and FP5 comes into existance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IR Southern Zone - Discussion Forum Index -> -> Project Updates
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14, 15, 16  Next