IR Southern Zone - Discussion
Forum For Rail fans with Discussions regarding various activities in Indian Railways(Mainly Southern Zone). NOTE: This site is not officially affiliated with Indian Railways.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Railfanning Report - Part 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 99, 100, 101  Next

Topic Tags 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IR Southern Zone - Discussion Forum Index -> -> Titbits and Trivia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vsp27759

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

[quote="chidambaram"]
vsp27759 wrote:
I should not have replied stating it stops in KMU. It made a lose of 120. Embarassed

## But, your message had helped me to book the ticket from KMU. Smile
RKALYAN78

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:35 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Mr. VS Prasad writes:
Quote:
## But, your message had helped me to book the ticket from KMU. Smile

Sir, you could have retained the ticket and travelled from KMU to MV with an ordinary express ticket. You could have easily changed from UR to reserved coach at MV. Should not have been a problem.

Regards
vsp27759

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:52 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

chidambaram wrote:
I should not have replied stating it stops in KMU. It made a lose of 120. Embarassed

## If you are in Chennai,m please call me. Let us try to meet. Please send me your mobile number.
vsp27759

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:16 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

vsp27759 wrote:
If you are in Chennai,m please call me. Let us try to meet. Please send me your mobile number.

## I am meeting few of our members in Kotturpuram MRTS Station at 16.00 hrs. on Saturday, 24th June, 2017.

## I would be happy, if you can join us.
chidambaram

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:37 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

vsp27759 wrote:
chidambaram wrote:

## If you are in Chennai,m please call me. Let us try to meet. Please send me your mobile number.

Hi VSP Sir,

I have sent you a PM.
vsp27759

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:36 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

During my visit to Chennai, I was able to meet Mr.Sridhar Srinivasan, Hari Pitchuimani and S.V.Venkat and spoke over phone with Ganeshram and K.S.Rajagopal.
Aravi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:01 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

vsp27759 wrote:
During my visit to Chennai, I was able to meet Mr.Sridhar Srinivasan, Hari Pitchuimani and S.V.Venkat and spoke over phone with Ganeshram and K.S.Rajagopal.

You missed me in the list! We met at Guindy station.
vsp27759

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:43 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Aravi wrote:
You missed me in the list! We met at Guindy station.

## Yes, Sir. Thanks for the correction.

## I met Aravind Sethuraman (Aravi) and another IRFCIan, Mr.Ramky near Guindy Railway Station.
KSRaj

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:33 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

vsp27759 wrote:

Hi VSP Sir,

Sorry I couldn't make it on Monday - should surely meet you next time alongwith other RF friends.

Best regards,
Raj
ravi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:27 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Dear members,

It could be even described as a 'hunch' as one may tend to describe, on 5th July 2017 ( wednesday) after finishing my engagements in CBE after my flash visit, to ERS and back to CBE and I was in PF 1 in CBE jn, to board 17229 TVC - HYB Sabari express, I saw 3 young guys, walking and passed by my side. Saw them, utter words like Loco, RSA etc, and their voices were sounding just whisper and I was not even sure, what they were talking !

Somehow, I called, those guys, assuming they could be train fans, and gosh, they turned out to be our SRDF member, Subawarana Kohilan and Siddharth Ashok etc !! Smile

Then, We had a nice chat for say 15 minutes or so, till the late running 17229 Sabari exxpress arrived, leisurely strolling into PF 1 of CBE jn !!!

It was my first meeting of Subawarana Kohilan, whom I have seen many of his posts in indianrailinfo and he is also a member here in SRDF.

bye & cheers,
ravi[/i]
venkat_sv

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:25 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

It was always a pleasure meeting VSP Garu. Such a humble and loving person who offers to visit you at your house at a time convenient time.
He treats a very serious rail fan and not serious, young or old , senior or junior in th forum with equal respect.
Ever ready to answer our queries.
I enjoyed the Meeting with vsp garu along with raghavendra of Irfca
ravi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Folks,

Myself, would be arriving MAS on 4th Aug, morning by 12604. After refreshing in Adyar and finishing some work in the city, I shall be boarding 12635, Vaigai as I need to go to TPJ ( for personal agenda, School alumni meet). My coach is D 7 ( dep from MS at 1330 hrs)

Of course, I know r\4th Aug, being a working day, and most of you would be attending to office work. Somehow, if its possible for any one to be in MS, by 1245 hrs or so, We can meet over a cuppa !! Smile

bye & cheers,
ravi
Aravi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I happened to capture a video of a newbie WDP-4D #40481 GOC hauling 6853 Cholan and doing a merciless overtake of my car between Potheri and CTM. Youtube link below. It appeared to me that this loco had very powerful horns on its hood end cab...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLUEnHCDwD8

Edit: I was not driving the car, my driver was. I took no risk in recording this Smile
kpchandru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:15 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Dear Shri Ravi,

Sorry I had to miss you this time. Hope you met some of our members. Any hew sweets this time ?
ravi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:11 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

kpchandru wrote:
Dear Shri Ravi,

Sorry I had to miss you this time. Hope you met some of our members. Any hew sweets this time ?

Dear Shri. KPC Sir,

It was a very short time, I too could spend in MAS this time. As It became rather late for me, to come from Trichy and board 12621 MAS - NDLS Tamil nadu express to Warangal from where I travelled to SC.

Only Shri. Sridhar Joshi, of IRFCA, I could meet him, this time as he had come to MAS to see me off and carried dinner for me. In fact, we had thought of having dinner outside, but due to Lunar eclipse, we did not have.

Anyhow,We shall meet it next time possibly.

bye & cheers,
ravi
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IR Southern Zone - Discussion Forum Index -> -> Titbits and Trivia
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 99, 100, 101  Next