IR Southern Zone - Discussion
Forum For Rail fans with Discussions regarding various activities in Indian Railways(Mainly Southern Zone). NOTE: This site is not officially affiliated with Indian Railways.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Train Service in Salem-Namakkal-Karur line
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 36, 37, 38  Next

Topic Tags 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IR Southern Zone - Discussion Forum Index -> -> Operations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deepu

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Karur-Salem BG line to be ready in two months If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Delay in executing telecommunication network is holding up the completion of new Karur-Salem broad gauge line works. Things have been hastened now and the work is all set to be completed in about two months, Salem Divisional Railway Manager Sujatha Jayaraj said here on Wednesday.

After inspecting Karur Railway Junction, Ms. Sujatha pointed out that once the finishing touches were given, Karur-Salem new track would be tested by operating goods train initially after which the Commissioner of Rail Safety would be invited to certify the track worthiness.

Civil and allied works have almost neared completion even as efforts had been made to expedite the project.

Asked about any proposal for electrification of tracks between Tiruchi and Erode via Karur, she said that there existed no such proposal at present. On the need to find a solution to the drinking water problem plaguing Karur junction, Ms. Sujatha said that efforts were under way to locate a source within the junction area for drawing drinking water.

The DRM was en route an inspection tour from Karur junction to Muttarasanallur station by a special train and later returned to Karur in the evening.

http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-national/tp-tamilnadu/article3656004.ece
karthikkvp

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:55 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

deepu wrote:
I strongly doubt That Erode-Tirunelveli Passenger may be diverted to start from Salem-Karur new line

When i was there at ED i was astonished to see that ED-TEN pass is being short terminated at KRR for a period of Three months from 16 may to 12 august and dep is slated at 14.20. Also when i crossed KRR there was no rake there to operate trains.

There were no press release by SR. Also at Erode announcement was made that due to the non arrival of incoming train this train has been cancelled. Yeppadiyellam Karanam Solrangappa. Laughing

Existing ED - Ten passenger should not be disturbed at any cost. All we need is new passenger trains in this route to MDU & TPJ. Morning MDU - DG passenger can very well be extended to SA, since it is idle at DG whole day. It will give connectivity to NCR - SBC passenger at SA on both directions.

Karthik
Arul

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:26 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I am not sure how this would be possible.

Though I hate long distance passenger trains, SR will come up only with such wild ideas!!

NCR-SBC schedule can be slightly changed to connect all the passenger arriving from CBE/MDU and TPJ

SA 14:00 SBC 19:15

1. Extension of Madurai-Dindigul passenger train to Salem for Bangalore passenger connection

MDU 07:45 DG 09:15 KRR 11:15 SA 13:15 14:00 SBC 19:15

2. Extension of Trichy-Karur passenger train to Salem

TPJ 09:30 KRR 11:30 SA 13:30 14:00 SBC 19:15

3. CBE-SA MEMU can have small time change

CBE 09:30 ED 12:00 SA 13:30 14:00 SBC 19:15

============================================

1. SBC 07:15 SA 12:50 SA 14:15 KRR 16:00 DG 18:00 MDU 19:35
2. SBC 07:15 SA 12:50 SA 14:00 KRR 15:45 TPJ 17:30
3. SBC 07:15 SA 12:50 SA 13:50 ED 15:15 CBE 17:45
paakannan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Arul wrote:
I am not sure how this would be possible.

Though I hate long distance passenger trains, SR will come up only with such wild ideas!!

NCR-SBC schedule can be slightly changed to connect all the passenger arriving from CBE/MDU and TPJ

SA 14:00 SBC 19:15

1. Extension of Madurai-Dindigul passenger train to Salem for Bangalore passenger connection

MDU 07:45 DG 09:15 KRR 11:15 SA 13:15 14:00 SBC 19:15

2. Extension of Trichy-Karur passenger train to Salem

TPJ 09:30 KRR 11:30 SA 13:30 14:00 SBC 19:15

3. CBE-SA MEMU can have small time change

CBE 09:30 ED 12:00 SA 13:30 14:00 SBC 19:15

============================================

1. SBC 07:15 SA 12:50 SA 14:15 KRR 16:00 DG 18:00 MDU 19:35
2. SBC 07:15 SA 12:50 SA 14:00 KRR 15:45 TPJ 17:30
3. SBC 07:15 SA 12:50 SA 13:50 ED 15:15 CBE 17:45

This is good for getting connection point of view. But as a Salamite I am not for it. Salem needs to be connected with TPJ in morning timings. Say 5.30 -6.00 Dep and 9.30-10.00 arrival at TPJ or reverse and same during evening timings, which is most helpful for NKL-SA morning & evening connectivity. Like wise SA-MDU during evenings i.e.4.30 Dep SA & 10.00 Arr at MDU is good.
KRV_Ramani

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Friends,
After so much struggle, at last, Salem-Namakkal-Karur line has become a reality. I would suggest an intercity express between Salem(Div.Hqrts) and Mayavaram via Karur, Trichy so that a long-felt need of Salem side people to get connectivity to their southern counterparts is fulfilled. Also, a direct train from Salem to Madurai is also very much needed. Your suggestions, please!

mgoutham

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

i hope they should introduce link passenger from SALEM-NAGERCOIL which will be linked to CBE-NCJ pass at KARUR JUNCTION and the yshould introduce daily twice passenger service from SALEM-TIRUCHIRAPALLI
KRV_Ramani

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Salem-Karur trains If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Friends,
I would, rather, wish and prefer a super fast train from Trivandrum to Bangalore (via) Nagercoil, TEN, Madurai, Dindukkal, Karur, Salem, Hosur. Roughly it would take 13 hours, whereas the present ISLND Express takes more than 17 hours. This will have the best passenger patronage.

suganthan_varadarajan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

TVC - SBC SFE ONT via NCJ, TEN, MDU, SA, HSRA

Much needed train from TVC to SBC, yet not much discussion has taken place.

lly new ONT from CBE-MS train Via SA, VRI should be explored.
raman_sy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Usually in which platform sa- cbe MEMU 66603 departs
vsvasanth

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

mr.raman sa-cbe pass usually depart from pt 2 or 3 from sa. if u go by ncr-sbc pass, no need to cross by subway bcos it received jus next pf to cbe pass.
raman_sy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

rororoja wrote:
mr.raman sa-cbe pass usually depart from pt 2 or 3 from sa. if u go by ncr-sbc pass, no need to cross by subway bcos it received jus next pf to cbe pass.

Thank you rororoja sir
mgoutham

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:46 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

so once CRS inspection is over We hope SA to TPJ passenger service will be started before pongal
Arul

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

This might be timings for the trains in this section considering SR will re-route all the trains via Namakkal

If not 3 passengers, I am sure there will be two passenger train in this section.

This section will get 65 up service and 65 down service weekly... approx 9.2 service per day in one direction.

7 daily service up and down.

I hope it becomes one of the blessed section in IR.

Introducion of SBC-MDU/TPJ IC and SA-TEN/KIK IC will get "aathma thripthi" for this line. Very Happy
krishnakumar60

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Arul wrote:
This might be timings for the trains in this section considering SR will re-route all the trains via Namakkal

If not 3 passengers, I am sure there will be two passenger train in this section.

This section will get 65 up service and 65 down service weekly... approx 9.2 service per day in one direction.

7 daily service up and down.

I hope it becomes one of the blessed section in IR.

Introducion of SBC-MDU/TPJ IC and SA-TEN/KIK IC will get "aathma thripthi" for this line. Very Happy

Arul Sir
You have forgotten two more services.
1) Chennai- Madurani- Duranto - Biweekly
2)Madurai-Kacheguda -yet to be introduced weekly

s.krishnakumar
ravi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Dear Arul,

Excellent envisaging of trains / timings in the KRR - NKL - SA new line !!

Only thing is no member from ED should go thro' these pages !!!! Smile Smile

B'cos it would give an idea as to how ED may or is going to lose !! ED would have to depend more on trains from CBE, Kerala towards places like SBC, Mumbai etc. ( Of course, there is an exception in form of TEN - LTT express via KR towards mumbai)

Will, KRR - Namakkal - SA line become the IGU - PTJ line for ED ?

Here the only difference between CBE and ED by these skipping lines is KRR - Namakkal - SA line atleast has got good no. of intermediate stations in between and skipping of ED would mean helping these stations. Also, the LOCO reversal aspect at ED for South bound trains to go towards SA would be eliminated.

Now, one can see a clear pattern of operation of trains emerging in Salem railway division.
i) CBE - TUP - ED - KRR- South / Central TN forming a cluster of trains
ii) SA - Namakkal - Karur - South / Central TN forming a cluster of trains
iii) JTJ - SA - ED - CBE towards Kerala ( in FEDL) forming another cluster of trains.

Of course, there can be a fourth in future, say by 2015 or so, when the CBE - POY line becomes operational with CBE/PGT - POY - PLNI - DG - South TN trains too join.

bye & cheers,
ravi
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IR Southern Zone - Discussion Forum Index -> -> Operations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 36, 37, 38  Next