IR Southern Zone - Discussion
Forum For Rail fans with Discussions regarding various activities in Indian Railways(Mainly Southern Zone). NOTE: This site is not officially affiliated with Indian Railways.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Old time table of SR - 1977
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Topic Tags 
There are no Forum Tags

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IR Southern Zone - Discussion Forum Index -> -> Titbits and Trivia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vsp27759

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:41 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Dear Dr.Vijay Balasubramaniam,

##Welcome to SR Discussion Forum.

##Honestly speaking, for a while, I could NOT "recognise" you because there is one Mr.vgrvijay. I just confused you with him.

##Only after seeing the figures "642", I got you.Smile

------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Nishant,

Pune-Bangalore MG Trains were 'operational' as on 1.7.1975.
vsp27759

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:48 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

My dear all,

Myself and Dr.Vijay travelled together from Omkaraehswar Road to Indore by 458B passenger (MG) and then by 9305 Shipra Express from Indore to Mughalsarai on December 23,2008!!!
KSRaj

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:10 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Hi Dr. Vijay,

Looking at your "642" signature (like Mr. VSP mentioned), I guess I have seen your splendid video collections on "youtube" - mostly marked as July 1992. Am I right?! I have watched MG Pandiyan (crossing, leaving CGL, nearing MS, arriving at MS) and also BG Nellai overtaking a MG Passenger between CGL and TBM.

I have seen your collection of MG Vaigai photos in IRFCA a couple of years back. Its very nice to see you here.

Cheers,
Raj
Swami

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: The good 'ol days of South MG If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Dr Vijay,

Welcome and many thanks to you for the scanned copies of 1977 TT

[quote="vijay_642"]

I am really happy to see that my scanned 1977 TT pages have evoked nostalgic feelings in various members.

Indeed Sir. It reaffirmed my memories of old MG trains through Main Line and gave confirmation regarding whatever I wrote here about them

Back in 1972, I was in Madras to attend a wedding.......

And then the return journey was by Rockfort Exp. from Mayavarum to Egmore. YP + YAM1. I clearly remember a board in front of the YP saying "Rockfort Exp.". Was Rockfort operating via Mainline in the beginning? I also remember a Day Exp. - which train was that - Cholan?

Yes Sir. MS-TPJ day time express through Main Line was first named Rockfort Express. It was inagurated sometime between 1972 and 1976. I was one among those who stood at KMU (Kumbakonam) R.S. to witness it as a School Boy. I remember it well even now.

Later, (as usual) because of political pressure, the present overnight train 6177/78, was given that name and the ML day express was given the name of 'Cholan', as the Delta districts were called "CHOLA NADU' long long back.

As luck would have it, I was back in Madras for another wedding the following year. This time we took an overnight MG pass. from Egmore to Thanjavur. The coach was spanking clean - one could actually sleep on the floor - it was so clean.

That should have been 109 MS-SCT overnight FP.
venkat_sv

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:06 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

can somebody upload similar pages of BG tables of 1973 to 1975, especially theone between Chennai-Vijayawada-Kazipet-Secuderabad.

Does any of our member has copies of old time tables of 1970s''
Babu

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:11 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Dear friends
It was a nice upload. One can see the old timings from this uploads and can remember the past. It would be nice if someone who has the TTsof 1980s and 90s upload the same
dilipnarayanan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:14 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Nishant/Vasanth/Ravi - The Code for tranquebar is TQB and not TRQ
nishasiva

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:41 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Dear Dilip,

The code for Tranquebar is TRQ and it was confirmed through Samit's Great Indian Railway Atlas which has station codes of all the stations in I.R
vijay_642

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:20 pm    Post subject: Trains started by MD If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Quote:
You will be surprised at the list of trains started by MD:

Tamil Nadu Exp.
Kerala-Karnataka (initially combined as 125/126 and JTJ-SBC link exp.)
A.P.Exp.
Geetanjali Exp. (HWH-BBVT)
Navajeevan (I vividly remember him mentioning this train in the Budget speech, as a tribute to Gandhi's visit to Chennai))
SBC-MYS MG Kaveri Exp. (I think No. 221/222 - prob. I am wrong, VSP you or Subba may know its exact number)
Ganga Kaveri Exp. itself

Both Ganga Kaveri and Tamilnadu were introduced during Kamalapati Tripathi's regime. The former was a 'gift' to his hometown - Varanasi, along with Kashi Vishwanath and other trains. However, AP and KK were introduced by Madhu Dandavate.

Vijay
vijay_642

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:23 pm    Post subject: Recent Chennai videos If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Code:
Mr.Vijay,

Welcome to our forum.

Tons of thanks for giving these treasures to us through online.

We have seen your vaigai express pictures long back in 2004 itself in official southern railways forum. Really a treasure for coming generation.

Your videos are excellent.

Thanks for that warm welcome, Arul. Here are some recent videos in and around Chennai -
http://www.vimeo.com/3689085 - Arriving at Tambaram
http://www.vimeo.com/3687838 - Racing EMUs

Now if you are Harris Jayaraj fan, you might enjoy the music as well Smile

Vijay
vijay_642

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:26 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Quote:
My dear all,

Myself and Dr.Vijay travelled together from Omkaraehswar Road to Indore by 458B passenger (MG) and then by 9305 Shipra Express from Indore to Mughalsarai on December 23,2008!!!

Yes, those were great trips! I am sure I'll relive them over and over, once create the DVDs.

Vijay
vijay_642

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:28 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Quote:
Hi Dr. Vijay,

Looking at your "642" signature (like Mr. VSP mentioned), I guess I have seen your splendid video collections on "youtube" - mostly marked as July 1992. Am I right?! I have watched MG Pandiyan (crossing, leaving CGL, nearing MS, arriving at MS) and also BG Nellai overtaking a MG Passenger between CGL and TBM.

I have seen your collection of MG Vaigai photos in IRFCA a couple of years back. Its very nice to see you here.

Hello Raj,

Yes, my video collections are also at YouTube under the username "vb642". Thanks for the warm welcome.

Vijay
dilipnarayanan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

nishasiva wrote:
Dear Dilip,

The code for Tranquebar is TRQ and it was confirmed through Samit's Great Indian Railway Atlas which has station codes of all the stations in I.R

I myself saw a cardboard ticket for 75 paise between MV and tranquebar. It was mentioned as TQB there and I hope I remember correct as its more than a decade since I saw that.
nishasiva

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:17 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Dear members,

Please note down dates of inauguration of some of the trains:

121/122 Tamil Nadu Exp - August 7th 1976. Flagged off by Hon'ble PM of India, Shmt. Indira Gandhi. It was also flagged off from Madras by the then CM, Dr. MGR, I think

Kerala-Karnataka (initially combined as 125/126 and JTJ-SBC link exp.)
10th Jan 1977. It was introduced from SBC w.e.f 13th Jan 1977.

123/124 - A.P.Exp. - 3rd October 1976

Geetanjali Exp. (HWH-BBVT) - Not known

941/942 Navajeevan (I vividly remember him mentioning this train in the Budget speech, as a tribute to Gandhi's visit to Chennai) - 01.04.1978

SBC-MYS MG Kaveri Exp. (I think No. 221/222 - prob. I am wrong, VSP you or Subba may know its exact number) - Not known

139/140 Ganga Kaveri Exp. itself - Feb 16 1977
KSRaj

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:53 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

nishasiva wrote:
SBC-MYS MG Kaveri Exp. (I think No. 221/222 - prob. I am wrong, VSP you or Subba may know its exact number) - Not known

Nishanth,

Yes, 221/222 was MYS-SBC MG Kaveri Exp (note that 221 was MYS-SBC).

Remember once we discussed about several MG Express trains on MYS-SBC in MG era:

205/206 Tippu Exp
209/210 MYS-SBC Mail
211/212 Nandi Exp
213/214 MYS-SBC Exp
215/216 Chamundi Exp
221/222 Kaveri Exp

There were other MYS-SBC and Maddur-SBC Passengers as well.

Cheers,
Raj
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IR Southern Zone - Discussion Forum Index -> -> Titbits and Trivia
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next