IR Southern Zone - Discussion
Forum For Rail fans with Discussions regarding various activities in Indian Railways(Mainly Southern Zone). NOTE: This site is not officially affiliated with Indian Railways.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Karur-Salem New Line Project Updates
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 79, 80, 81  Next

Topic Tags 
There are no Forum Tags

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    IR Southern Zone - Discussion Forum Index -> -> Project Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnandKumaR

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I don t think SR will operate 2 new passengers b/w SA-TPJ. It may be the extension of existing TPJ-KRR DEMU.
sraman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:05 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Guys

Some good news atlast. Let them start the operations soon. But there are lot of ifs and butts in this new line,

1. Why it is taking SR ages to complete signalling & providing manpower for this important link line. Mind you, Railways will be the biggest beneficiary by utilising this link line for its goods transport and the resultant savings in distance covered.

2. The quality of recent GCs/New lines have a lot of question marks on their reliability. With better construction techniques and materials available, the MPS of new lines/GC lines should have a higher MPS potential than the existing ones. But we see that it is on a declining trend, the VM-MV line is still on 75 kmph (am I right on this??!!), the KPD-VM line a pathetic 50 kmph and the now the KRR-SA line has a goods potential of 45 kmph.

I do agree that MPS of lines increase after the tracks settle in, but the latest trends seems to be against this. So having newer locos /coaches going to help us with such track infrastructure surrounding us??. I do remember a function orgainised by SR to announce the increased MPS of 120 kmph in the MAS-SRR sector and a train flagged of by the then MOSR velu. I dont think the MPS has increased in this sector.

So are these routes really safe is the question in my mind....

Regards
viveksundarm

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

sraman wrote:

I do remember a function orgainised by SR to announce the increased MPS of 120 kmph in the MAS-SRR sector and a train flagged of by the then MOSR velu. I dont think the MPS has increased in this sector.

Are you sure of it? I think MAS-JTJ MPS is only 110 kmph
SridharNamakkal

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Minister not interested in inagurating this new line. .Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Source :The New Indian Express , Coimbatore Edition, Dharmapuri Printing,-- Namakkal News. dated 09.05.13.
Arul

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

^^

As expected!

Hope they open the line before the station on enroute turns into pei bugalow.
S. Mohan

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Dear members,

Latest news . It is gathered Mr.T.R.Baalu, Hon ble MP / Chairperson, Rly

steering comm discussed with railway ministry etc etc at New Delhi

regarding inordinate delay of opening of new line and requested to open the

line without further delay for public. we will wait and see
Navin

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Arul Sir,

Well said. I was thinking that people would pull out the rails and sell it for scrap and get dates (perichambalam) out of it. Atleast it would satisfy the hunger for food rather than the trains.
Navin

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Mohan Sir,

We have waited sufficiently. Projects thrown to silence by political vendata is not good for the growth of Railways. On the other hand, what could we do much over it rather to sit and vent our lungs out. We can clearly see a new route in Tamil Nadu being slaughtered to death Crying or Very sad .
THILLAI

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

CUPJ-VRI has got a younger brother
Jegan_TS

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

THILLAI wrote:
CUPJ-VRI has got a younger brother

Thillai, What is the message here, what you are trying to convey ?
rajamanohar

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Dear Jegan_TS,

Thillai is trying to say, KRR-SA line also going to get neglect like CUPJ_VRI line
Gopalrao

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Karur Salem New Line If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Are they running freight trains in the night alleast. I think a PIL is the best solution.
MSB

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Gopalrao wrote:
Are they running freight trains in the night alleast. I think a PIL is the best solution.

Freight movement has been on 24x7 without any problem. 3 shifts are divided into 2 shifts(12 hrs) and staff are quite happy at present in discharging their duties.

Sometimes, shortage of locos and LPs/ALPs is a cause for concern and it makes the freighters wait at Karur. Last week I observed a freighter moving towards SA without guard after a long halt at KRR!!

Manpower at LCs/Stns. is however enough and manageable now, according to sources. Track maintenance is also done normally.
ifbosco

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Its evident that everything is ready, even the rakes are ready I suppose and SR might be running them as specials now. Even the news paper reports confirm that Railways have made everything ready.

Sad of self-centered politicians who are behind all these delaying. I dream RB to take bold decision of operning the line without any function just like MAS-SBC DD. But with all unfortunate things happening in IR HQ, we never know when will this line see light of the day Sad Sad
kpchandru

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

We need some Rajendrans to file cases against the Rlys for keeping this section idle. Like the way the GCed VM-MV section got opened suddenly, due to pressures from the judiciary, Rlys will open up the section for the benefit of public.

Mr G.K Vasan:- If he had previously agreed to open this section but finally refused to come for the inaguration, then he is at fault. Perhaps his name was drawn without his confirmation, and if this is true, he ws perfetly right in refusing to be just a puppet in the hands of other influencial persons.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    IR Southern Zone - Discussion Forum Index -> -> Project Updates
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 79, 80, 81  Next