IR Southern Zone - Discussion
Forum For Rail fans with Discussions regarding various activities in Indian Railways(Mainly Southern Zone). NOTE: This site is not officially affiliated with Indian Railways.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

GRIEVANCES & ACTIONS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Topic Tags 
There are no Forum Tags

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IR Southern Zone - Discussion Forum Index -> -> Titbits and Trivia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
S.K.Rajendran

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I forgot to mention that all those tel nos. are New Delhi numbers/

Thanks.
chezhian_g

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: Whom to contact in the absence of Ticket Checker/Collector? If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Hi,

I boarded train 0684 Yesvantpur - Chennai Central Special in Krishnaraja puram, on 12-Oct-2007, (PNR - 425-8333196) and the status of the ticket was RS11-71 at the time of chart prepared.

There were few vacant berths in some of the compartment I saw. Myself and others in RAC were waiting for the TTE to check tickets and to further allot berths if any is available. Train reached Bangarapet and also reached Kuppam, for almost 2 hours TT did not turn up, personally went to check if TTE (not sure in what code Ticket checkers/Collectors are called hence using as TTE) is avaialable in the train. Realized that no TT was in the train.

In that case to whom we should contact in case to allot a berth when there were berths available in the moving Train?
paakannan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:10 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 16 October 2007 9:28 AM
To:
Cc: TVC; DCM/TVC; COMI/TVC
Subject: Fw: Complaint regarding 2697 train
Importance: High

G.50/PG/WC/2007/409

Dear Sir,

Receipt of your e-mail is hereby acknowledged.

The matter is being referred to the concerned authority for necessary action.

Thanking you,

Yours faithfully,

B.NAGESWARA RAO,
Joint Director, Public Grievances,
General Manager's Office, Southern Railway,
Park Town, Chennai - 600 003.

----- Original Message -----
To: ddpg@sr.railnet.gov.in
Sent: Monday, October 15, 2007 4:29 PM
Subject: RE: Complaint regarding 2697 train

15-10-2007

To:
DD(PG)SR/MAS,
SR, Chennai.

P Kannan
Cochin

Sub: More Insect/pest found in Train No.2697-TVC Express (weekly) & Toilet light not working.

Dear Sir,

When myself and my wife along with 6 months kid traveled yesterday from Katapdi to Ernakulam Town In S6 coach and our birth numbers are 23 & 24.

We found more number of insect/pest inside the compartment and it wholly disturbed our sleep and our infant also affected with this pest bite and today I am taking treatment to my child. It is very pathetic.

Also the toilet in S6 & S7 there will be no lighting provided hence the passengers struggles a lot.

I have orally made a complaint with TT and his reply is smile!!.

Please take necessary action so that atleast next trip of this train will be clean & safety.

Regards,

P Kannan
sraman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

The message posted by "pakannan" in SA division - news and views topic is moved here as it pertains to this topic. The message is reg. the SA Jn. Pakannan, for your convenience SKRji has given the answer few posts back

paakannan wrote:
It is very pathetic that the existing PF1 (MG) will be in the same status. This needs to be converted as BG PF so that the incoming trains from MAS/MS can be through this PF for easy handling of passengers without using the sub-ways.

Also there will be no maintenance facilities and my effort on compaling about this also vain.

Pl. anybody knows the e- mail id of compalining officer about this maintenance facility inform me.

S.K.Rajendran

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

South Central Railway: PUBLIC GRIEVANCES

In South Central Railway, the Public Grievances Machinery is headed by Director of Public Grievances who is also the Additional General Manager, South Central Railway. The Public Grievances Redressal Machinery of South Central Railway is a two-tier structure – Zonal and Divisional.

At the Zonal level, the Director is assisted by a number of Officers from the Commercial and Personnel departments. The function of the Zonal level administration is to frame the policies, procedures of dealing with the public grievances. It also monitors the redressal of the grievances for the entire railway. At Zonal level a Public Grievances Cell is available which is headed by Secretary/Public Grievances and assisted by a set of Inspectors.

At the Divisional level, the Public Grievances Redressal Machinery is headed by the Additional Divisional Railway Manager (ADRM), and assisted by Officers of various departments in the division.

There is a Public Grievances Cell under the ADRM manned by Inspectors. The functions of the Divisional level Public Grievances Redressal Machinery is to redress the grievances received. These grievances may be from the general public or from the railway staff. The grievances that are received by the divisions are redressed by the divisions themselves and in case where policy matters are involved, are referred to the Zonal level Public Grievances setup for further disposal.

For registering grievances, Complaint Registers are available at Railway Stations, Reservation Offices, Booking Offices, Pantry Cars and in trains. These complaints are forwarded to the ADRM/Public grievance cell on the same day the complaint is lodged. Complaints can also be mailed to the Officers whose addresses are mentioned below. Every complaint received is registered , acknowledged and responded to, promptly. A detailed investigation is done before the complainant is addressed. In addition, the reply to the complaint is also pasted on the reverse of the page in the Complaint register.

As a check, whenever any Officer goes on an inspection, the Complaints Registers are inspected and any grievance that has not been redressed, is immediately brought to the notice of the concerned Officer for immediate action.

The names and address of the Officers dealing with the Public Grievances at Zonal and Divisional levels are given below:

ZONAL:

Director,
Public Grievances,
South Central Railway,
Rail Nilayam, Secunderabad-500071
Ph: 040 27824216
agm@scr.railnet.gov.in

Secretary,
Public Grievances,
South Central Railway,
Rail Nilayam, Secunderabad-500071
Ph: 040 27830098
secypg@scr.railnet.gov.in

DIVISIONS

SECUNDERABAD DIVISION:
Additional Divisional Railway Manager (O),
Secunderabad Division,
South Central Railway,
Sanchalan bhavan, Secunderabad-500071
Ph: 040 27825102
adrmosc@scr.railnet.gov.in

HYDERABAD DIVISION:
Additional Divisional Railway Manager,
Hyderabad Division,
South Central Railway,
Secunderabad-500071
Ph: 040 27825757
adrmhyb@scr.railnet.gov.in

VIJAYAWADA DIVISION:
Divisional Railway Manager's Office,
Vijayawada Division,South Central Railway,
Vijayawada
Andhra Pradesh -500071
Ph: 0866 2573302
adrmbza@scr.railnet.gov.in

GUNTUR DIVISION:
Rail Vikas Bhavan, Guntur Division,
South Central Railway,
Pattabhipuram, Guntur,
Andhra Pradesh -522006
Ph: 0863 2243541
adrmgnt@scr.railnet.gov.in

NANDED DIVISION:
Divisional Railway Manager,
Nanded Division, South Central Railway,
Near Air strip, Sangvi, Nanded,
Maharashtra - 431605
Ph: 0246 260333
drm_ned@rediffmail.com

GUNTAKAL DIVISION:
Guntakal Division,South Central Railway,
Guntakal, Ananthapur,
Andhra Pradesh - 515801
Ph: 08552 226674
adrmgtl@scr.railnet.gov.in
S.K.Rajendran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:29 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Postal Department directed to pay compensation for deficiency in service:

... In his complaint to the District Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum, Chennai (South), B. Loganathan of Devadhanam village in Ponneri Taluk, a Class IV employee of the Railway Employees Cooperative Society Ltd., said a representation sent by him by Speed Post with acknowledgement due addressed to the Society Secretary in connection with disciplinary proceedings against him was delivered after five days.

For more on this, log on to:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.hindu.com/2007/10/24/stories/2007102460600400.htm
paakannan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

G.50/PG/WC/2007/429

Dear Sir,

Receipt of your e-mail is hereby acknowledged.

Your suggestions have been taken note of and the concerned authorities advised to examine feasibility.

Thanking you,

Yours faithfully,

B.NAGESWARA RAO,
Joint Director, Public Grievances,
General Manager's Office, Southern Railway,
Park Town, Chennai - 600 003.

----- Original Message -----
To: 'Deputy Director(PG)'
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2007 12:00 PM
Subject: Re: Special train required for Salem

Dear Sir

Salem being the 4th largest city in TamilNadu with 8+ lacks population in city limits itself doesn’t have any starting train to is state capital Chennai whereas it has 2 starting trains (of course passenger trains) to other state capital Bangalore operated by SWR. When SWR knows the potential of Salem how SR don’t know the potential?

During last Sunday being Pooja holidays it is noticed that very heavy crown in Salem Jn Railway station as well as Bus Stand, even an article from daily appears that Salem Jn ticket counter staff struggled to manage the crown all over the day (i.e. on 21st Oct). Salem people unable to enter even in UR compartment and even toilets are occupied by the heavy crowds.

Atleast to start with please operate a Special Train specifically from Salem to Chennai during Deepavali season since already WL gone over 200+ in all trains for a week’s time. The CBE specials will not serve for Salem people due to it odd timings and also it is insufficient for even CBE/TUP/ED peoples.

While TPJ / TEN / TN considered for specials why not SA considered?

Please do the needful.

Regards

P Kannan
S.K.Rajendran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Dear Sri PaaKannan.

Eventhough, the Public Grievances dept of SR is responsive, the action taken on most of the grievances projected rarely gets redressal. Specially over demands for new trains etc.

In a few days time, the SA Dvn would be inaugurated. It is time now to appeal to Thiru ARUMUGAM .S Veerapandi, the TN State Minister for Agriculture who got elected to the TN Assembly from the Salem - II constituency, who may show sincere interest regarding SA Dvn matters. During the inauguration he may be requested to take up the grievances of the public with the RM and the MoSR(V), which may bear fruit.

I do not know the E-mail ID of the Honb'le minister, but addresses and land-line numbers are available:

Chennai Address:
No.4, Thirumurthi Street,
T.Nagar, Chennai - 600 017.

Telephone Numbers:
(Chennai) 044 - 28342573, 25672232, Intercom-5603.

Mofussil Address
Poolavari Post, Salem District-636 010.
Telephone Number:
(Mofussil)
0427 - 2272233
S.K.Rajendran

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:35 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

03 Nov., 2007

To:
The DD-PG / SR / MAS,
S.Railway, Chennai
Via: e-mail

S.K. Rajendran,
(Full address & contact details provided)

Sub: The Salem Division does not appear in the SR website recprds.

Dear Sir,

The Salem division is formed and officially added to the Southern Railways. CONGRATULATIONS!

But the SR's website has no mention about that and also ithe new division is not included in the organisation chart. Please access this web-link:
http://www.srailway.com/organisation.php

This amounts to lapse on part of the SR organisation. As a railway user, I expect concerned department to be more responsible specially when it comes to dissimination of informations to the public.

Thanks,
Regards,
S.K.Rajendran.
S.K.Rajendran

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:04 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Unreserved compartments

This refers to difficulties experienced by commuters in unreserved train compartments in long-distance trains.

Most of the daytime special trains are running between Chennai Egmore and Madurai (Nagercoil also) with four to five unreserved compartments. All trains are full on all days.

In the unreserved compartments, people are sitting, packed like sardines in such a manner that they are not able to get up and go to the bathroom. If they go to bathroom, their seats will be taken over by some others.

The condition of elderly people, children and women travelling in these compartments is pathetic.

I request railway authorities to run one train everyday to these destinations with all compartments unreserved so that the difficulty can be minimised.

C. Valli Nayagam
Nanganallur

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.hindu.com/2007/11/12/stories/2007111258610300.htm
S.K.Rajendran

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:05 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Extracts from:
http://www.hindu.com/2007/11/15/stories/2007111561001200.htm

Petitioner ordered to give notice to Railways

CHENNAI: The Madras High Court has ordered a petitioner to give notice to the Railway Ministry on a plea for a direction to the Chief Vigilance Commissioner and the CBI to investigate a complaint of appointments made in Southern Railway flouting recruitment norms.

The then General Manager of Southern Railway (Sri Thomas Varghese), who retired on July 17 this year (2007), had made more than 80 appointments flouting the guidelines. The appointments were signed on the day of his retirement. Substitutes should be engaged only in circumstances where the post could not be kept vacant. Further, it should be made only after exhausting all leave reserve posts.

In this case, flouting all guidelines and regulations, Southern Railway made several appointments. That affected candidates applying for appointments through the proper channel
ganeshram

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:06 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Dear All

I wanted to update about about a complaint/clarification mail I had sent to SR. Please refer the copy of the mail below which should be self-explanatory. I had sent it on 26/09.

===========================================================================

To: ddpg@sr.railnet.gov.in

Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2007 11:26 PM
Subject: Clarification regarding UTS tickets issued for Chennai sub-urban section

From
K S Ganeshram
<Address>
Coimbatore

Dear Sir

My uncle who is a senior citizen travelled from CBE-MAS by 2680 CBE-MAS Intercity express on 17/09/07 and then had to proceed to St. Thomas Mount immediately on the same day. Considering his age and in order to avoid inconvenience of standing in queue to him to get the sub-urban train ticket, I purchased a 2S ORDN ticket for him for journey between MSB and STM for Rs. 6/- at UTS counter in CBE on 17/09 morning 05:52 hours. (Since me and staff as well were not able to get the code for Chennai Park, I got the ticket from Chennai Beach).

Ticket details :-
Ticket no.:- 094835487
UTS : 4C6L8CF0F7
Date of Issue :- 17/09/2007
JCO On : 17/09/2007
Issued at : CBE

After purchasing, I realized that it is mentioned "Journey Should Commence within 1 hour". I think this is practically impossible for a ticket issued at CBE to commence journey within one hour. Hence I would like to know

1) Is it possible to make changes to the software in such a way that this message is not printed for tickets issued at remote locations?
2) Can someone travel with this ticket on the same day of travel, but not necessarily within one hour of issue (as commencing journey within one hour is practically impossible)?
2) If one travels with this type of ticket issued at remote location (like CBE etc.) and caught during the checking, will the passenger be penalized?

If we cannot use it, it is really unfortunate that we are not putting use the best system of UTS.

I request you to please clarify my above queries.

Thanks & Regards
Ganeshram

===========================================================================

Update :-
This morning my dad called me from home and told me that a letter (via post) has been received from SR which mentioned the response as follows.

1. We have referred your case to the software development dept. to make suitable modifications in software. (Authors note :- This reply is not in verbatim, but what I understood).
2. No
3. Yes

I really do not know how many of railfans noticed this discrepancy, but I am glad that my suggestion was taken up and hope to be implemented soon.
binaiks

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:58 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Infact, I am of the opinion that the reservation software should be tweaked in such a manner than passenger can also book unreserved tickets from the point where they alight from express trains to the station nearest to their home (in cities when EMU services operate). Thus, one need not wait at the ticket counter of the suburban station to get a ticket. One such facility does exist in CR/WR, but it is not very comfortable especially when one is arriving from the KR side.
ganeshram

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:42 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Dear Binai

Currently you could do it with a Blank Paper Ticket. But some how the PRS in WR stations refuse to do it. I have not tried in PRS in CR stations. Whenever I go to Shirdi, I return by 1321 (slip coach to Devagiri at MMR) from KPG or I will take the MMR-DR overnight passenger (even though circuitous) and I wanted to avoid standing in queue at DR.
So when I went to CBE I booked ticket from DR-BVI with 2S ORDN from DR-BVI and next time onwards I take that ticket as sample and then I do booking directly upto BVI and hence avoinding queue at DR.
ganeshram

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:09 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

One more point Binai. One can always book ticket up to TBM (Tambaram) with reservation upto MAS from CBE etc. But I do not know if one can book that way upto PER with resv. upto MS (Egmore).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IR Southern Zone - Discussion Forum Index -> -> Titbits and Trivia
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next