IR Southern Zone - Discussion
Forum For Rail fans with Discussions regarding various activities in Indian Railways(Mainly Southern Zone). NOTE: This site is not officially affiliated with Indian Railways.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Cheran Express
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Topic Tags 
There are no Forum Tags

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IR Southern Zone - Discussion Forum Index -> -> Operations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
srirangam99

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:06 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

fascinating discussions.

I feel as Ramk states, SR may resort to a new RSA between Yercaud and Navajeevan with the rake belonging to SA division. It is a good combo in the making, as Navajeevan is a fast train and its earlier RSA partner was also probably the second fastest ONT after Neelagiri (between MAS-CBE-MAS).

The new Navjeevan-Yercaud combo will be quite perfect like Cholan-RF not being too fast (Cholan even being a non-SFE) while Pandyan is very fast. These kind of combos result in prolonging of the rakes.

Hi VSP, in addition to the 12285/86 and SC Rajdhani what are the LHB rakes like ONTs being operated by SCR???

vsp27759

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:23 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

ramk wrote:
12759/12760 Charminar with 12603/12604 MAS-HYB-MAS SF Exp via Guntur (currently in an RSA with Yercaud)

## There is NO scope for any kind of RSA between the above two trains, because:

i) both arrive in MAS in the morning;

ii) both depart from MAS in the evening;

iii) One is ICF Rakje and the other one is CBC Rake;

iv) One is 23 Coaches and the other one is 24 coaches;

v) there is a great mis-match even in the composition;

## I doubt, whether SR will give back 12603/12604 to SCR and whether SCR will be interested to take it back.
ramk

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:00 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

vsp27759 wrote:
ramk wrote:
12759/12760 Charminar with 12603/12604 MAS-HYB-MAS SF Exp via Guntur (currently in an RSA with Yercaud)

## There is NO scope for any kind of RSA between the above two trains, because:

i) both arrive in MAS in the morning;

ii) both depart from MAS in the evening;

iii) One is ICF Rakje and the other one is CBC Rake;

iv) One is 23 Coaches and the other one is 24 coaches;

v) there is a great mis-match even in the composition;

## I doubt, whether SR will give back 12603/12604 to SCR and whether SCR will be interested to take it back.

Yes, the current coach composition of 12759/12760 & 12603/12604 may not match exactly. However, with few adjustments, they can be made same to maintain the RSA.

On Charminar being CBC and 12603/12604 being without CBC, have already written on the solution to this as below.

ramk wrote:
What about breaking the current RSA between Yercaud & HYB SF Exp and form new RSAs as below?

1. Navjeevan With Yercaud (Same rake requirements like the earlier RSA with Cheran)
2. HYB Exp with Charminar.

So, we save 2 rakes by the above arrangement and these 2 rakes can be used to operate the day train between MAS & SBC which was announced in an earlier TT and yet to see the tracks.

Looks like,Charminar runs with CBC coaches. If required the total 4 rakes, currently in RSA between Yercaud and HYB, can be transferred to SC and consequently both Charminar & HYB will run in an RSA without CBC coupling.

The 2 CBC rakes currently used for Charminar can come to SR and used for operating MAS-SBC train.

The earlier RSA between Navjeevan & Cheran will now change to Navjeevan & Yercaud and will work well without any additional rake requirements.

Minor coach composition adjustments could be required in the new arrangement with the re-worked RSAs, which could be reviewed and finalised.

The new MAS-SBC-MAS services planned by making KCG-SBC & HYB-MAS Charminar get into an RSA is not materializing with one terminal being KCG and the other being HYB and there is a difficulty moving the rakes between KCG & HYB. Hence, SC's reluctance to this RSA and as a result the proposed MAS-SBC-MAS day services are not taking off yet.

Now, in the new RSA both Charminar & HYB terminate at HYB. SR will have 2 rakes to operate the new MAS-SBC-MAS day services. Only thing is that SBC division should find some place to stable 1 rake of MAS-SBC in the night, which will leave from SBC to MAS only the next day morning.

After the 4 rakes without CBC (and currently in the RSA between Yercaud & 12603/12604) are transferred to SCR, few adjustments should be done to make the composition identical to create and maintain RSA between 12759/12760 & 12603/12604. Thus, these 4 rakes without CBC transferred from SR to SCR would be henceforth used by SCR to opetate both 12759/12760 & 12603/12604.

SCR can transfer the 2 CBC rakes - currently used to operate Charminar - to SR/SWR, which can be used to introduce and operate MAS-SBC-MAS day services (22689/22690)

It is upto SR/SCR to make this happen or not and even if this doesn't happen, it is fine. Just an idea to try out.
crazyguru94

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:35 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Any basis of a RSA will involve BBQ depot as it has taken up additional rakes of navjeevan now. The slots in CBE also has been freed up. I suspect another overnight train from MAS will go LHB and have RSA with cheran. We might have to wait for the arrival of couple of LHB rakes for that to happen.
Arul

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:05 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

My guess Cheran LHB rake will have RSA Pandian/RF/Cholan combo through the proposed CBE-MDU Intercity express!

Ramk

I like the idea of Yercaud & Navajeevan express having RSA, so that one rake can be saved.. If HYB exp & Charminar RSA is not possible.. then HYB exp can be made to start from Tambaram and have maintenance there.. or other solution is it can have RSA with any other late departing train from MS and HYB exp can start from Egmore instead of Central.. say Mannai or Kamban or Uzhavan express.
srirangam99

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:28 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

How can an IC and ONT like Cheran have RSA, dear Arul??

Well, you are right about Cholan having RSA with RF and Pandyan, however, I think on the entire IR, it is a one-off, an experiment that has not been repeated in any other zone.

KSRaj

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:05 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Arul wrote:
If HYB exp & Charminar RSA is not possible.. then HYB exp can be made to start from Tambaram and have maintenance there.. or other solution is it can have RSA with any other late departing train from MS and HYB exp can start from Egmore instead of Central.. say Mannai or Kamban or Uzhavan express.

Friends,

Charminar Exp rake was supposed to get into RSA with KCG-SBC Exp so that MAS-SBC-MAS Day Exp 22689/90 can be started. In spite of the rake composition changes made on KCG-SBC in July last year, there is no sign of introducing the day express.

Cheers,
Raj
Arul

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:09 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

srirangam99 wrote:

Well, you are right about Cholan having RSA with RF and Pandyan, however, I think on the entire IR, it is a one-off, an experiment that has not been repeated in any other zone.

Sir..

Running day train only with 2S/AC CC and having 21:00 arrivals are definitely old style or so 1990 or 2000's!

The last 5yrs LHB rakes will push railways to put them for more utilization are they more costly than ICF!! So we cannot always have night train RSAs.. so day time RSA will eventually happen... we have to agree with 23:00hrs kind of arrival too as people rely in personal transport and cities have minimum public transport too in 23:00 to 04:00 wee hours.
KSRaj

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:44 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Arul wrote:
Running day train only with 2S/AC CC and having 21:00 arrivals are definitely old style or so 1990 or 2000's!

Nopes. That style would be there even in 2020's - no wonder IC type coaches are still manufactured.

And yes, there would be increasing number of day express trains with sleeper accommodation - in Cholan style - that trend is increasing.
Pbv15124

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:06 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

srirangam99 wrote:

Day time Mandovi Express have RSA with ONT Konkan Kanya Exp with 3 rack of 23 coaches.
SBC mail did had RSA with SBC-MAS day exp, very long back 20 years back i think.
srirangam99

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:24 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Suganthan,

I think 20 or so years back even GT had slip coach arrangement with 6023/24 which carried SL and AC sleeper coaches of GT.

The most recent RSA I heard about 12657 was with 12627, I think it is still in force, except that the pantry car of 12627 is/was detached at SBC before being sent to MAS as 12658.

subramak

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:44 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

srirangam99 wrote:
Suganthan,

I think 20 or so years back even GT had slip coach arrangement with 6023/24 which carried SL and AC sleeper coaches of GT.

The most recent RSA I heard about 12657 was with 12627, I think it is still in force, except that the pantry car of 12627 is/was detached at SBC before being sent to MAS as 12658.

There have been no slip coaches in GT express since atleast 1992.

You are talking may be of early 1980s before Karnataka express became daily

Subu
srirangam99

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:59 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Yes. It was in 1980 that I bought the first computerized ticket by GT for my late mom, who left earlier for my sister's marriage. At that time GT did carry slip coaches to Bengaluru through 6023. I think we followed up with visits to my sister's house through GT slip coaches to Bengaluru between 1982-1990.

I should have said 25 years or so.
krishnakumar60

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:59 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

W hen I was working in Delhi during 1984 to 1990 the GTexpress used to start in the evening from ND and the Tamilnadu used to start in the morning. and GT was via KHAZIPET and the loco was reversed . Eventhough TAMIL NADU was faster we used to prefer only GT.During that period GT carries slip coaches to Bangalore through Brindavan .I once booked the ticket to Arakkonam and alighted at Chennai

s.krishnakumar
srirangam99

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Hi Krishna,

to the best of my knowledge, Brindavan did not carry slip coaches of GT. This is because the gap between arrival of GT and dep. of Brindavan was less than 90 mts. I think GT reached at 6.15 or even 6.45 am while Brindavan left at 7.15 or 7.30 am. The slip coaches of GT were always in the arrangement of 16/23 and 24/15. 16 up was GT and 23 down was MAS-SBC day express. Brindavan was never part of this arrangement.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IR Southern Zone - Discussion Forum Index -> -> Operations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next