IR Southern Zone - Discussion
Forum For Rail fans with Discussions regarding various activities in Indian Railways(Mainly Southern Zone). NOTE: This site is not officially affiliated with Indian Railways.
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Log inLog in 

Chennai-Madurai Bi-Weekly Express Via Mayiladuthurai
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 
 Topic Tags 
There are no Forum Tags

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IR Southern Zone - Discussion Forum Index -> -> Operations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
mahavmsrt



Joined: 23 Jul 2011
Age: 33

Posts: 1697
Location: Sivakasi/Chennai

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Today My friends came to chennai from MDU by MDU - MS SF Exp...Today 2794 SF exp reached VM 25 Mins early at around 3.45AM and it was wait around 30 Mins at VM till 4.15 AM as actual timing...

One more thing is ticket was booked on last week as W/L40,41,42 and not confirmed after chart preparation also and get RAC sitting only..But all the RAC's are confirmed by TT once the train crossed DG...

Mahendran
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
kpd2k1



Joined: 25 Mar 2012
Age: 32

Posts: 113


PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Rake sharing If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Is this train having Rake sharing with Sampark Kranti? I believe both trains start from Madurai on Saturday while one goes to MS, other goes to NewDelhi. Is that possible for rake sharing trains to start and go to different locations on same day?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mohancvp



Joined: 27 May 2010

Posts: 271


PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Rake sharing If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

kpd2k1 wrote:
Is this train having Rake sharing with Sampark Kranti? I believe both trains start from Madurai on Saturday while one goes to MS, other goes to NewDelhi. Is that possible for rake sharing trains to start and go to different locations on same day?


Yes it has RSA with Sampark Kranti, actually these two day MDU-MS-MDU trips were possible by using the lay over racks of Sampark Kranti.

It has two racks, that is why it is possible. Check the old post in this topic that will explain the timings of these services.

Regards
Mohan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
deepu



Joined: 27 Dec 2011
Age: 21

Posts: 1450
Location: TPJ / CBE

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Rake sharing If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

mohancvp wrote:
kpd2k1 wrote:
Is this train having Rake sharing with Sampark Kranti? I believe both trains start from Madurai on Saturday while one goes to MS, other goes to NewDelhi. Is that possible for rake sharing trains to start and go to different locations on same day?


Yes it has RSA with Sampark Kranti, actually these two day MDU-MS-MDU trips were possible by using the lay over racks of Sampark Kranti.

It has two racks, that is why it is possible. Check the old post in this topic that will explain the timings of these services.

Regards
Mohan



12794 MDU - MS Thu 21:10 - Fri 07:20
12793 MS - MDU Fri 22:45 - Sat 08:50
12794 MDU - MS Sat 21:10 - Sun 07:20
12793 MS - MDU Sun 22:45 - Mon 08:50
12651 MDU - NZM Mon 23:55 - Wed 18:00
12652 NZM - MDU Thu 07:25 - Sat 03:45
12651 MDU - NZM Sun 23:55 - Mon 18:00
12652 NZM - MDU Tue 07:25 - Thu 03:45

This may be the apropriate RSA with two rakes maintained at Madurai,Please correct me if i am wrong.
_________________
Deepak / Trichy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RameshRajarathinam



Joined: 31 Mar 2010
Age: 29

Posts: 618
Location: Natham | Chennai

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Rake sharing If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

deepu wrote:
12794 MDU - MS Thu 21:10 - Fri 07:20
12793 MS - MDU Fri 22:45 - Sat 08:50
12794 MDU - MS Sat 21:10 - Sun 07:20
12793 MS - MDU Sun 22:45 - Mon 08:50
12651 MDU - NZM Mon 23:55 - Wed 18:00
12652 NZM - MDU Thu 07:25 - Sat 03:45
12651 MDU - NZM Sun 23:55 - Mon 18:00
12652 NZM - MDU Tue 07:25 - Thu 03:45

This may be the apropriate RSA with two rakes maintained at Madurai,Please correct me if i am wrong.
Deepu, you are almost right except that 12651 departs MDU on SAT instead of SUN mentioned by you.

Ramesh
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
mahavmsrt



Joined: 23 Jul 2011
Age: 33

Posts: 1697
Location: Sivakasi/Chennai

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

One Good News..MDU - MS Bi-Weekly also running with one 2S coach..

But we dont know, when was SR announced this 2S coach...

The 2S coach status below,

06/10/2012 AVAILABLE-0023
11/10/2012 AVAILABLE-0077
13/10/2012 AVAILABLE-0076
18/10/2012 AVAILABLE-0038
20/10/2012 AVAILABLE-0059
25/10/2012 AVAILABLE-0092


Cheers,
Mahendran
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
vijay_pdy



Joined: 23 Aug 2011
Age: 37

Posts: 119


PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

mahavmsrt wrote:
One Good News..MDU - MS Bi-Weekly also running with one 2S coach..

But we dont know, when was SR announced this 2S coach...

The 2S coach status below,

06/10/2012 AVAILABLE-0023
11/10/2012 AVAILABLE-0077
13/10/2012 AVAILABLE-0076
18/10/2012 AVAILABLE-0038
20/10/2012 AVAILABLE-0059
25/10/2012 AVAILABLE-0092


Cheers,
Mahendran


nagai_aravind wrote:
AUGMENTATION OF TRAINS




To clear heavy waiting list, the following trains will be temporarily augmented by o­ne extra Reserved Second Class Sitting coach for o­ne month as given below.



T.No.22623 Chennai Egmore – Madurai Express ex. Chennai from 14.9.2012 to 28.10.2012

T.No.22624 Madurai – Chennai Egmore Express ex. Madurai from 15.9.2012 to 27.10.2012


Details http://www.sr.indianrailways.gov.in/view_detail.jsp?lang=0&id=0,4,268&dcd=957&did=13475415073637C80CDF55873B9B97C9E3E67F98EA815.web91
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
subramak



Joined: 25 Jul 2012

Posts: 116


PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:47 am    Post subject: Re: Rake sharing If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

RameshRajarathinam wrote:
deepu wrote:
12794 MDU - MS Thu 21:10 - Fri 07:20
12793 MS - MDU Fri 22:45 - Sat 08:50
12794 MDU - MS Sat 21:10 - Sun 07:20
12793 MS - MDU Sun 22:45 - Mon 08:50
12651 MDU - NZM Mon 23:55 - Wed 18:00
12652 NZM - MDU Thu 07:25 - Sat 03:45
12651 MDU - NZM Sun 23:55 - Mon 18:00
12652 NZM - MDU Tue 07:25 - Thu 03:45

This may be the apropriate RSA with two rakes maintained at Madurai,Please correct me if i am wrong.
Deepu, you are almost right except that 12651 departs MDU on SAT instead of SUN mentioned by you.

Ramesh


If they add one more rake they can make it a 5 day a week service. Hope SR realises that..

Subramanian
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Krishnaswamy



Joined: 16 Dec 2009

Posts: 1770
Location: Thanjavur/Chennai

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

strange that this train doesn't stops at Tambaram, Sirkazhi in both the directions.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KSRaj



Joined: 18 Jul 2007

Posts: 3525


PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:47 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Very true Kris. TBM and SY should be given for this train.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dilipnarayanan



Joined: 16 Jul 2007
Age: 36

Posts: 2490
Location: Mayiladuthurai/Chennai

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I am for status Quo

SY is covered during 2-4 AM in both directions and not real advantage is seen whereas train can zip past mainline in SY. Same case with TBM(For MDU - MS) as it can zip past PF 6 (Main line) in TBM. Let there be some real SF trains
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Krishnaswamy



Joined: 16 Dec 2009

Posts: 1770
Location: Thanjavur/Chennai

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

dilipnarayanan wrote:
I am for status Quo

SY is covered during 2-4 AM in both directions and not real advantage is seen whereas train can zip past mainline in SY. Same case with TBM(For MDU - MS) as it can zip past PF 6 (Main line) in TBM.

SY can be partly agreed. but when Mannai stops at 2:40, then what is the issue for 22623 to be stop around 3:15?
On TBM, due to rapid expansion of Chennai city in the south, all trains should stop at TBM. entire crowd can not travel to Egmore.
1 stop at tambaram might severly affect this schedule. that 10 to 15 mins time, can be easily managed
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Raja



Joined: 17 Jul 2007

Posts: 1524


PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

While we talk about the stops, I feel that this train deserves an additional 2A/3A and additional SL (or even two) coaches. This will in turn help TN SK also to have better composition instead of having a KUPPA VANDI tag fondly called by a fellow forumer. Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kpd2k1



Joined: 25 Mar 2012
Age: 32

Posts: 113


PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

dilipnarayanan wrote:
I am for status Quo

SY is covered during 2-4 AM in both directions and not real advantage is seen whereas train can zip past mainline in SY. Same case with TBM(For MDU - MS) as it can zip past PF 6 (Main line) in TBM. Let there be some real SF trains


I cannot comment on Sirkazhi. But I would say, the train cannot Zip past Tambaram as the train has to cross lot of loop lines while entering and exiting tambaram. The train cannot be driven at more than 20 KMPH through Tambaram. I have seen this with Pandian, Cholan, Bhuvaneswar-RMM and this train while waiting at TBM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KSRaj



Joined: 18 Jul 2007

Posts: 3525


PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

kpd2k1 wrote:
dilipnarayanan wrote:
I am for status Quo

SY is covered during 2-4 AM in both directions and not real advantage is seen whereas train can zip past mainline in SY. Same case with TBM(For MDU - MS) as it can zip past PF 6 (Main line) in TBM. Let there be some real SF trains


I cannot comment on Sirkazhi. But I would say, the train cannot Zip past Tambaram as the train has to cross lot of loop lines while entering and exiting tambaram. The train cannot be driven at more than 20 KMPH through Tambaram. I have seen this with Pandian, Cholan, Bhuvaneswar-RMM and this train while waiting at TBM


It is true for Down trains (MS-CGL) as they have to change points to pass thru PF8 or PF9. However, UP trains can zip via PF6 - I have seen once while I took 18495.

I would prefer TBM stoppage for both 22623 and 22624 - for the sake of South Chennai. It can still be a real SF beyond TBM Smile

Cheers,
Raj
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IR Southern Zone - Discussion Forum Index -> -> Operations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 12 of 14

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


© 2007 Informe.com. Get Your Own Free Portal.
Powered by phpBB © 2001 - 2005 phpBB Group
Theme ACID v. 2.0.18 par HEDONISM