IR Southern Zone - Discussion
Forum For Rail fans with Discussions regarding various activities in Indian Railways(Mainly Southern Zone). NOTE: This site is not officially affiliated with Indian Railways.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Bangalore-Ernakulam Intercity Express
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Topic Tags 
There are no Forum Tags

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IR Southern Zone - Discussion Forum Index -> -> Operations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vasanth

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:47 pm    Post subject: Bangalore-Ernakulam Intercity Express If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

SA-ED-TUP-CBE have come under the pooled quota for 2677 w.e.f 01.01.2011.

However 2678 has got a separate remote location quota for 2678.
kaviramki

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:59 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

vasanth wrote:
SA-ED-TUP-CBE have come under the pooled quota for 2677 w.e.f 01.01.2011.

However 2678 has got a separate remote location quota for 2678.

My goodness....
What a treatment to the second largest city of Tamilnadu..
They had an exclusive Day train between CBE and SBC. They were asked to share with people upto ERS. Now they were denied what they had.

From 350 -2S seats (Excluding Tatkal), 300 - SL(excluding tatkal) they are reduced to a meagre 110 - 2S seats(Excluding Tatkal).

CBE has been crying for an exclusive night train. They were denied that even their Day train is snatched away....

Great effort by SR/SWR to get such innovative ideas.

Thanks and Regards,
Ramki
KSRaj

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:10 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

This is not acceptable. When CBE is already lost its exclusive day train and also expecting a overnight, this move is going on the opposite direction.

Can we open a separate topic for SBC-ERS IC please?!

Raj, What happened, you are one of the bosses who could do it in all folders. Work pressure? Laughing . Anyway created it

Last edited by KSRaj on Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:08 am; edited 2 times in total
KSRaj

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:05 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Dear Admin,

Thanks for creating the topic.

I almost created a new topic but paused for two reasons:

a) I myself wasnt sure if we should insist on new topic for 2 postings - so made it like a suggestion.
b) There was a topic on ERS-CBE-SBC IC sometime back which I wasnt able to locate.

Thanks,
Raj
G_Thomas

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:27 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

chidambaram wrote:

ERS-SBC Intercity is having its maintainance at ERS. Its haing 2 separate rakes. The coach composition remains unchnged.

sri_ku wrote:

Dear Chidambaram,

ERS-SBC Intercity is having only 3A and 2S from 1-1-2011 SL shows class not exist SL only till DEc 31,2010...
What composition is this....How about CC ???? Where will the SL go???

chidambaram wrote:

Hi Sri_ku,

I spoke with TTE of 2678 on Sunday. He told its planned to remove SL, 3A and add 2S and CC coaches. May be in Future we can see CC in this train.
Arul

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:06 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

SA was in PQ right from train introduction.

ED/CBE in PQ is really a shock.

Next what the SR admin is planning? Non-stop from SBC to PGT for this IC?

Better route this train via Mysore, Mangalore to ERS to provide 100% connection to Kerala towns/cities and restore SBC-CBE IC express.
kpchandru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:24 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Nice to see Mr Arul back with a bang hitting out furiously at S.Rly's atitude towards CBE.

What is SA divsion doing? Remaining a mute spectator?
ravi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:32 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Dear members,

Going the way things are happening, Let us not get surprised if even 1013/14 gets extended 'elsewhere' from CBE soon !! Of course, the tight timings at present for that train would hamper from SR taking such a step.

As long as the people of the region remain without showing a semblance of a protest, then, what can SA division do ? It would continue to remain a mute spectator !!

bye & cheers,
ravi
PrakashV

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:02 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Let me see if I can put in persceptive trying to take some sense out of it.

from 01-01-2011

For 2677
SBC - SA/ED/CBE : 100+ seats
SBC - beyong CBE : 700+ seats

For 2678
ERS/TCR/PGT to SBC : 100+ seats
CBE/ED/SA - SBC : 450+ seats.

So from this we can assume that SR believes that there are more pass using 2678 from CBE/ED/SA towards SBC as compared to pass using 2677 to SA/ED/CBE. I would think it could be true as many may prefer 1013 to 2677 to go to ED/CBE. However in the reverse 1014 is not ideal and people may prefer to take 2678.

Again I'm just trying to put what could be the reason for this rather than blaming one or the other party
chidambaram

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:51 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

PrakashV wrote:
Let me see if I can put in persceptive trying to take some sense out of it.

from 01-01-2011

For 2677
SBC - SA/ED/CBE : 100+ seats
SBC - beyong CBE : 700+ seats

For 2678
ERS/TCR/PGT to SBC : 100+ seats
CBE/ED/SA - SBC : 450+ seats.

So from this we can assume that SR believes that there are more pass using 2678 from CBE/ED/SA towards SBC as compared to pass using 2677 to SA/ED/CBE. I would think it could be true as many may prefer 1013 to 2677 to go to ED/CBE. However in the reverse 1014 is not ideal and people may prefer to take 2678.

Again I'm just trying to put what could be the reason for this rather than blaming one or the other party

*12678 BANGALORE EXP 19-01-2011 THRISUR BANGALORE CY JN GENERAL

S.No. Date (DD-MM-YYYY) Class - 2S Class -3A
1 19- 1-2011 AVAILABLE 367 AVAILABLE 20
2 20- 1-2011 AVAILABLE 365 AVAILABLE 20
rain Number Train Name Date
(DD-MM-YYYY) Source Station Destination Station Quota Code
*12678 BANGALORE EXP 19-01-2011 PALAKKAD BANGALORE CY JN GENERAL

1 19- 1-2011 AVAILABLE 107 AVAILABLE 6
2 20- 1-2011 AVAILABLE 107 AVAILABLE 6

Train Number Train Name Date
*12678 BANGALORE EXP 19-1-2011 PALAKKAD BANGALORE CY JN TATKAL

1 19- 1-2011 AVAILABLE 60 AVAILABLE 10
2 20- 1-2011 AVAILABLE 60 AVAILABLE 10

Totally 534 seats and 36 3A berths from PGT/TCR/ERS to SBC.

*12678 BANGALORE EXP 19-1-2011 COIMBATORE JN BANGALORE CY JN TATKAL

1 19- 1-2011 AVAILABLE 27 AVAILABLE 6
2 20- 1-2011 AVAILABLE 27 AVAILABLE 6

*12678 BANGALORE EXP 19-01-2011 COIMBATORE JN BANGALORE CY JN GENERAL

1 19- 1-2011 AVAILABLE 474 AVAILABLE 27
2 20- 1-2011 AVAILABLE 465 AVAILABLE 27

Totally 501 seats and 33 berths from CBE to SBC.

for more than 10 years in 2677 there were only 100+ reserved passengers from SBC to CBE??(that time it had 8 2s and 2 CC coaches)

If that is true SR could have with drawn the train long back.

If a passenger misses or could not get reserved accomodation in 1013 he will wait till next day 1013??

This train was extended as a summer special in june 2007 and after formation of SA division this train was permanently extended to ERS in that budget and SA-MS daily train was announced in the same budget.

What benefits did CBE passengers got after this great Division has been formed??
ravi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:03 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Dear Chidambaram,

Nice analysis. Well, I remember having shared in this forum, during the days, of extension of 2677/78 to ERS, that nobody is AGAINST extension but extension at the cost of existing facilities to the stations where the train presently serves is to be opposed. Later SR, chose to augment some more 2 S coaches to this train.

P.S. :- I would like to add a point, that unless and otherwise a train is substantially augmented with additional coaches, no extension proposal should be entertained. Also, reg. the existing quotas etc, for reservation status quo, must be maintained. Then only extension should be proposed.

chidambaram wrote:

What benefits did CBE passengers got after this great Division has been formed??

Well, Chidambaram, just for statistical purpose, if one ventures out to find, the developmental aspects, CBE got after it was included ( after mammoth efforts and sacrificial act of MDU division etc to lose some of its kms ) with SA division were

a) Regularization of 605/606 CBE - SRR MEMU, which was of course, running for many years as special train by the previous division to which CBE was attached for more than 5 decades.

b) Running of the 3 pairs of special trains between CBE and MTP, of course, with incremental renewal of life and no body knows their status after 31/12/2010.

c) Improvement in the station amenities to some extent in CBE jn due to the tamil meet.

d) Completion of PTJ - CBE second line by GC and commissioning.
e) Completion of CBF - IGU second line by doubling and no body knows whether it is 'officially commissioned'.

Nobody knows the fate of introduction of 2243/44 MAS - CBE duronto and 2757/58 TPTY - CBE tri weekly express and ED - CBE MEMU.

bye & cheers,
ravi
chidambaram

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:14 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

ravi wrote:

chidambaram wrote:

Well, Chidambaram, just for statistical purpose, if one ventures out to find, the developmental aspects, CBE got after it was included ( after mammoth efforts and sacrificial act of MDU division etc to lose some of its kms ) with SA division were

a) Regularization of 605/606 CBE - SRR MEMU, which was of course, running for many years as special train by the previous division to which CBE was attached for more than 5 decades.

b) Running of the 3 pairs of special trains between CBE and MTP, of course, with incremental renewal of life and no body knows their status after 31/12/2010.

c) Improvement in the station amenities to some extent in CBE jn due to the tamil meet.

d) Completion of PTJ - CBE second line by GC and commissioning.
e) Completion of CBF - IGU second line by doubling and no body knows whether it is 'officially commissioned'.

Nobody knows the fate of introduction of 2243/44 MAS - CBE duronto and 2757/58 TPTY - CBE tri weekly express and ED - CBE MEMU.

bye & cheers,
ravi

Hi Ravi,

I hope you will know CBE had so many expectations when it was included in SA division. But what it has done is very little.
ravi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:40 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Dear Chidambaram,

I do know well as you say, the expectations etc in CBE from new SA division.

Also, I have not included introduction of 6609/10 NCJ - CBE express b'cos it was announced in 2007 year railway budget proposals itself, though it was introduced after CBE got inlcuded in the new division. So, till date, under the new division, CBE is yet to get its first express train proposed by the new division. Hope the new express trains are introduced soon. ( I mean, Duronto & TPTY - CBE express)

bye & cheers,
ravi
chidambaram

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:03 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Yes Ravi. CBE-NCJ was announced when CBE was in PGT division itself. Even if new trains are not introduced, existing services and quotas should not be lost.
Arul

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:16 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

kpchandru wrote:
Nice to see Mr Arul back with a bang hitting out furiously at S.Rly's atitude towards CBE.

What is SA divsion doing? Remaining a mute spectator?

KPC sir,

Thank you.

SA division proved long back it is an in-efficient division in the lines of the Palghat division.

"Noolai pola selai, thaiyai pola pillai" fits much for SA division!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But I can see people like Chidambaram are much frustrated with lone express train MS-SA express originating from Salem! I don't know why to drag that poor express train in this ERS-SBC topic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IR Southern Zone - Discussion Forum Index -> -> Operations
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next